Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

When people said Doc Manhattan's blue CG dick was all over the movie I honestly thought it was a joke, up until I actually watched it. Of all the things to not change from the book...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

A Strange Aeon posted:

It's interesting so many of you remember your first specific issue. Comics were just around so much growing up, it's hard to pinpoint the very first.

I almost certainly read some comics before that Spider-man one, because it was from 1993 and I was born in 84, but it's the first one I remember getting instead of just borrowing from the library or reading because it was already inside my house.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

That's hosed up. He and Max seemed to have a really good rapport, so I can't imagine people cutting them off would be good for anyone.

Is it possible Max was the one scamming him?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

It's entirely possible and the Daily Mail story BC links to mentions he's a convicted felon, but it's also clear it was due to violence, not white collar crimes.

Whatever's going on, I really hope Stan comes out of it ok. I know he's old and probably hasn't got much time left, but the least one can hope for is that our last moments are good ones.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Why isn't this stickied yet.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

The boss doesn't seem to be around much.

ANARCHY IN BSS!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6eymAQ_02Q

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

:(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I think you greatly overestimate the condition of those old prints.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Bravest Warriors isn't really aimed at kids.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

:(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Can we talk about how Cyclops has an ancestor called The Black Womb instead?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/CoolComicArt/status/976949534394802178

https://twitter.com/MKupperman/status/976953795241537538

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That would've caused a stir when I was in grade school.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

A Strange Aeon posted:

I've never met anyone who was really into Bongo comics, but they actually are pretty solid. I read a cool mini series centered on various years of Radioactive Man's career and they played a lot of jokes with comic history, like the 90s issue having him get tripped up in a ridiculous Spawnesque cape.

There's also an issue where the anti-social randian nerd who gets bit by a spider predictably becomes an insane villain.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Where's my pro wrestling superhero universe.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Isn't that Jojo?

Kind of, but I want all conflicts to be decided within the squared circle. Civil War ends with Cap and Iron Man in a hell in the cell match, with a shocking run-in from "Tha Public Servantz".

I want The Rock to end his promos by flying off into the sky.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/indiastroker/status/978083975498485760

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Skwirl posted:

The rollback on Dickbats is by far my least favorite thing about New 52.

Batman Inc in general was a really good concept and I wish it'd gotten more time for other writers to play around with.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

yeah i was disappointed that the tv version sucks comparatively

She was kinda ok in season 1 but boy does she suck in season 2.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

A Strange Aeon posted:

How come I never read All-Star Superman until just now? I saw the two volumes on the used shelf at my comic book store and they were having a 40% off sale.

I finished the first volume last night, it was really interesting. And somehow I must have read the Gospel of Lex before because it was familiar but nothing else was but I have no idea how I would have managed that without reading the other issues.

Anyway, don't be like me, if you haven't read it, you should, even if you're lukewarm on Morrison.

Yeah I mean I pretty much hate G-Mo but rear end is neat. I don't love it as much as others do but it's a fun enough romp.

Although I was still rooting for Lex.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

site posted:

I love rear end

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/922238844577173510

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Covok posted:

Whatever happened to Thor's belt of strength? Like, I think it just vanished from his costume at one point. Doesn't give him like super powers? Like, he already has powers of course, but doesn't his belt give him even more strength?

Thor's belt was a thing from the myths. In the comics it's what made him go from "the Asgardian equivalent of an all-star quarterback" to "can knock a frost giant over with a single punch". It was pretty vague just how much stronger it made him but it was stated to "double" his power once or twice. I think at one point they just decided he'd be that strong regardless.

Thor's power has varied pretty wildly over the years. He was always envisioned as being Marvel's rought equivalent to Superman, but with the hammer weakness holding him back from being as being as overpowered, but he was routinely written as having trouble fighting people that someone that strong should kill with a poke.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Mar 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Can't believe I got rickrolled in 2018.

• Locked thread