Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

It fills me with joy friends that the Quakes are looking good due to the bizzaro land drop in quality for like every other team in MLS haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

G-Hawk posted:

i miss all (well, most) the dynamo players listed there :(

otoh we won 4-0 yesterday so i guess thats cool too

Stu is probably a bigger cult hero in Bolton than he was in Steamtown.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

TheTrend posted:

It fills me with joy friends that the Quakes are looking good due to the bizzaro land drop in quality for like every other team in MLS haha.

Maybe hold your loving horses until you play a team that's not Minnesota.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

whypick1 posted:

Maybe hold your loving horses until you play a team that's not Minnesota.

:boom:

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
Here's a list of centre-backs ready to start the season with Montréal:

Victor Cabrera

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

lol

https://twitter.com/WhitecapsFC/status/970461005934243840

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's a shame he'll never go to a World Cup.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

Classic MLS

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Ohio's A.G. is suing Anthony Precourt using a 1996 law stating that, in order to move, any pro sports team that received tax money in the building of their venue (something like that) has to give six months' notice before leaving and also has to put the team up for sale to local bidders first.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

Seattle folks already in meltdown mode

I would be too if my squad lost against a side that had never played a match before.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Whatever happened to that awful Seattle capo with the fake English accent? Does he still lead chants? Has anyone beaten him up yet?

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/impactmontreal/status/970797171804114944
glad to have one of the greatest names in sports history in MLS

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

the escape goat posted:

Seattle folks already in meltdown mode

I would be too if my squad lost against a side that had never played a match before.

Seattle looked pretty bad out there, but so did LAFC after the first 15. One thing the rest of the league learned about both them and Atlanta is: flood the gaps between the defense and midfield and you're going to score buckets against them.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Any one freaking out over Seattle losing when fielding a mostly B-team with the A players playing on 3 days rest is a goddamn moron.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Any one freaking out over Seattle losing when fielding a mostly B-team with the A players playing on 3 days rest is a goddamn moron.

So, Seattle supporters.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
we invented kvetching about your soccer team for no reason

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

whypick1 posted:

This. Also, at least they didn't lose to the bad LA team.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Dalmuti posted:

we invented kvetching about your soccer team for no reason

No you didn't.

Seattle soccer fans invented nothing. Your supporters saying dumb poo poo like this is literally the worst thing about them.

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

DR AIDS posted:

This. Also, at least they didn't lose to the bad LA team.

You don't know that yet.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Considering both LA teams are 1-0-0, there is no designate 'bad' team yet.

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

Edward Mass posted:

Considering both LA teams are 1-0-0, there is no designate 'bad' team yet.

Since moving to Portland a year ago, I'm almost cool with this now. gently caress em all

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Eelface posted:

Since moving to Portland a year ago, I'm almost cool with this now. gently caress em all

I'm surprised they let you move here after assaulting their supporters a few years ago...

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

whypick1 posted:

I'm surprised they let you move here after assaulting their supporters a few years ago...

eh its happened in a bunch of other cities also. wild boys

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

No you didn't.

Seattle soccer fans invented nothing. Your supporters saying dumb poo poo like this is literally the worst thing about them.

jeff bezos invented soccer in 1974. says so right on the patent

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I'll be in Portland for their 7/21 game vs Montreal. I wanna pick up tickets but holy gently caress they are so much more expensive than I'm used to paying for MLS tickets. Should I just bite the bullet and get them now on StubHub, or is there some secret to getting cheap tickets that I am not aware of?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

camoseven posted:

I'll be in Portland for their 7/21 game vs Montreal. I wanna pick up tickets but holy gently caress they are so much more expensive than I'm used to paying for MLS tickets. Should I just bite the bullet and get them now on StubHub, or is there some secret to getting cheap tickets that I am not aware of?

Wait, if you're on Twitter, hit me up at the same user name, and we'll get you sorted my game day. Montreal isn't that big of a draw with the general public.

We have a face value game day exchange set up at the Fanladen (our clubhouse of sorts) a couple of blocks from the stadium. There's also a Facebook group for face value only sales. I'll check to see if anything has been posted yet for Montreal, but I doubt there will be anything yet.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Soccerplex tickets cost more than RFK tickets for the 3/17 match in Houston. Imagine charging more for a high school field than a proper stadium.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

camoseven posted:

depends on where you'd like to sit, really. asking on twitter is always gonna be more helpful than shelling out on stubhub, especially since the TA (and general portland) ethos is to only sell at face value. holler at highme for sure.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

highme posted:

Wait, if you're on Twitter, hit me up at the same user name, and we'll get you sorted my game day. Montreal isn't that big of a draw with the general public.

We have a face value game day exchange set up at the Fanladen (our clubhouse of sorts) a couple of blocks from the stadium. There's also a Facebook group for face value only sales. I'll check to see if anything has been posted yet for Montreal, but I doubt there will be anything yet.

Sweet, thanks! I messaged you there but I haven’t used Twitter in forever so holler if I hosed it up

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I checked earlier and there are still tickets available from the FO. I link you but it's a stupid long offsite thing. There are groups of 2 & 3 in section 218 which is upper level midfield in the old part of the stadium, not GA. If you want GA you can find those for STH face value which is $25ish.

Oh, and I haven't seen any messages etc, you can just PM me here.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

https://www.fotomac.com.tr/fenerbahce/2018/03/09/valbuenaya-abdden-teklif

not sure if valbuena could get a start for us tbh

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

The league is now officially on par with the NFL...a couple years ago...and only with the garbage that is Thursday Night Football: MLS to stream games on Twitter.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
In related news: the Fire have presumably gotten tired of paying for local TV airtime, and instead sold their local media rights to ESPN (so ESPN+ - and MLS Live, until ESPN+ launches - will stream non-national Fire games with no blackouts in Chicago, but on the other hand there will be no way to see them on regular ol'TV)

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
DC signs Joseph Mora, which I wish I got enthusiastic about (Olsen coaching always removes the creativity), and implements a clear-bag policy starting with next week’s fake home game in a glorified rec field.

They’re starting to remind me of when radio stations do stunting in between format flips. We’re in the portion of DC United’s format flip from dirty, grungy historical goodness to sanitized, white-collar-only, no browns allowed, vulture capitalist franchise flipping where Pop Goes the Weasel plays on loop for months.

Catch you at away games motherfuckers.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

whypick1 posted:

The league is now officially on par with the NFL...a couple years ago...and only with the garbage that is Thursday Night Football: MLS to stream games on Twitter.

All of these games will be more entertaining that Thursday Night Football.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Dallan Invictus posted:

In related news: the Fire have presumably gotten tired of paying for local TV airtime, and instead sold their local media rights to ESPN (so ESPN+ - and MLS Live, until ESPN+ launches - will stream non-national Fire games with no blackouts in Chicago, but on the other hand there will be no way to see them on regular ol'TV)

Welp, that's one way to guarantee that I'm paying for the service...

Eelface
Jul 23, 2002

Still no clue why the Quakes have a bye in week 2

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Eelface posted:

Still no clue why the Quakes have a bye in week 2

Odd number of teams

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Odd number of teams

We should do one threeway game a week instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Fam, the Academy is a wonderful thing, trust in the Academy. Welcome Ben Mines.