Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Yo FC Dallas goons, where's a good seat that's not near the sun or supporters groups?

Also what's the best way to the stadium from Denton that avoids the toll roads?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Having an academy that craps out teens who play above the mls journeyman average is indeed awesome

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Seltzer posted:

Having an academy that craps out teens who play above the mls journeyman average is indeed awesome

I'm a big big fan of this recent revelation.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos
ATLUTD home opener was goddamn bonkers. Stadium was louder than last season, which I didn't think was possible. It's apparently becoming a thing to assume you're gonna get wet in the supporter's section--I'm not directly opposed to this, but it is worth noting.

Also the new Peach kit is amazing and it seems like Adidas reddid the cut so that it fits better.

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
Sporting/Fire game this weekend was one of the most entertaining soccer games I've ever watched.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Because Minnesota doesn't get to have nice things, Kevin Molino is out for the year after shredding an ACL during the game in Orlando.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

quote:

The annual Campeones Cup will pit the reigning champions of Liga MX and MLS to crown the best club in North America. The 2018 Campeones Cup will be hosted by reigning MLS Cup champion Toronto FC, on September 19, 2018 at BMO Field in Toronto. Liga MX’s representative will be decided in mid-July in a Campeon de Campeones matchup between the Mexican League’s two tournament champions: Apertura (Tigres UANL) and Clausura (to be played in May 2018).

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/03/13/major-league-soccer-and-liga-mx-fuel-rivalry-new-partnership

there's also some all-star game collaboration stuff in there, which could be fun

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
So return of SuperLiga or whatever? I guess it's more like the European Supercup games.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Campeones Cup seems dumb but I’m all for changing the all star game format

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

camoseven posted:

I'm meh on the Campeones Cup while the CCL exists in the way that it does (though Superliga had the same problem and people liked that, and this is shorter!), but an ASG that very slightly fewer people will bitch about is fine by me. It doesn't sound like it's necessarily an ongoing change though, with the whole "commitment to a future ASG" language.

The throwaway remarks about a partnership off the field about "shared best business practices" and "shared social responsibility across borders" sound like the real meat of the agreement, though combined with Liga MX "temporarily" suspending relegation last month I'm sure it will lead to some shiny hats being tightened.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The reason I liked SuperLiga was that is was, essentially, a Europa League equivalency that kept all the non-American and non-Mexican clubs out. It was a nice compliment to the CCL, and I miss it.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

camoseven posted:

I think the best format for the All Star Game would be not having an All Star Game.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Jovial Cow posted:

Fam, the Academy is a wonderful thing, trust in the Academy. Welcome Ben Mines.

Ben Mines, Sam Vines...I'm detecting a trend here.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Shrapnig posted:

I think the best format for the All Star Game would be not having an All Star Game.

Sure, but this is America and All Star Games are kind of required for some reason.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I like the idea of all star games and I think soccer lends itself well to them but I'd prefer it be East V West at the end of the season.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
:911:/:canada: vs. the World is my preference.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

:911:/:canada: vs. the World is my preference.

They'd never do that because US/Canada would get killed every year.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Rapids are on the “verge” of signing Yannick Boli to a TAM deal at striker. I don’t know who that is.

https://twitter.com/samstejskal/status/973633524774432776

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

TheBoyBlunder posted:

Rapids are on the “verge” of signing Yannick Boli to a TAM deal at striker. I don’t know who that is.

https://twitter.com/samstejskal/status/973633524774432776

And I'm sure absolutely nothing will work out no matter what happens.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
I

ZHamburglar fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Oct 16, 2018

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I see Alexi Lalas is playing both sides on his laptop.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

https://streamable.com/4mmlh

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

giovinco is the best player in north america and toronto fc the best team

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Edward Mass posted:

I see Alexi Lalas is playing both sides on his laptop.

Stu was making fun of Alexi for trolling the Columbus people. If you check his twitter it's just a bunch of angry Columbus people posting hashtags.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
US Open Cup format finalized for 2018

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

I hope he scores another in the next CCL game. LigaMX fans are the absolute worst when they win.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

ZHamburglar posted:

I hope he scores another in the next CCL game. LigaMX fans are the absolute worst when they win.

Or lose...

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.
So an unnamed city is offering up 20 acres around Austin for the MLS team to have a training ground to share with their team.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

ZHamburglar posted:

So an unnamed city is offering up 20 acres around Austin for the MLS team to have a training ground to share with their team.

I'm not seeing this. Source?

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

Edward Mass posted:

I'm not seeing this. Source?

It isn't published yet, but I deal with PSV.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

ZHamburglar posted:

Well, without proof, I can't exactly believe you on this.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

ZHamburglar posted:

My condolences

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Today in DC United buffoonery, a ticket rep called Bobby Boswell to try to sell him tickets to the SoccerPlex on Saturday.

There is every chance we will break Chivas USA’s record for low attendance. We’re currently being outpaced for a preseason match in Richmond for the NWSL’s Washington Spirit.

Apparently ticket reps are promising “a big announcement” next week, and apparently it has to do with the supporter drama. I can only hope they’ve remixed the Vamos Pupusas video a la JG Wentworth ads.

We have a lovely soccer team and we neeeeed cash nowwwwwww

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Some journo on Twitter was trying to convince me that DCU playing at the Plex is actually a good thing cause it's like "Field of Dreams" lol. I hope the weather is lovely and it draws a sub 1k crowd tbh.

Also why the gently caress aren't there any early season Friday night games? I wanna watch some drat soccer tonight!

camoseven fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Mar 16, 2018

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

camoseven posted:

Also why the gently caress aren't there any early season Friday night games? I wanna watch some drat soccer tonight!

Are there ANY Friday games this year? I thought that was just Univision's thing and they seem to have switched to Saturday afternoons.

ZHamburglar
Aug 24, 2006
I have a penis.

whypick1 posted:

My condolences

They've always been cool when I deal with them. Just like any other executive that I've dealt with in the past. The Austin City Council, other than the mayor, are a significantly worse bunch.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

friday night games are garbage and i hate them

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Per Goff, we’ve finally crossed 4,000 tickets sold. We did it everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

Dallan Invictus posted:

Are there ANY Friday games this year? I thought that was just Univision's thing and they seem to have switched to Saturday afternoons.

Yea, they start again on the 30th. From looking through the first couple months of them, it seems like they almost all involve Canadian teams and will be broadcast nationally on TSN in Canada.