Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

TwoStepBoog posted:

XFL is in talks to use DC's Audi Field.
Not really MLS related. Just wanted to remind you all the XFL is coming back.

Is this the shortest-ever time between a stadium’s construction and its demolition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

oh good a Portland/Atlanta MLS Cup, I definitely don’t hope a nuclear strike levels the stadium and both sets of fans watching at home die of grief

Can’t be any worse than a Toronto-Seattle game with no shots on goal...

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Sporting KC have made their end of year roster moves.
Brad Evans and Lobato have left the team.
Evans was no surprise. He apparently moved away already.
Lobato is kind of interesting. He was starting to look like a decent back up, but then got a very unfortunate season ending injury.
Khiry Shelton is technically out of his contract, but SKC are working on a deal with him.

Fun tidbit: Brad Evans didn't play a single minute this year for SKC lol

Edit:
Oops. Completely blanked on Storm, Didic, and Belmar. Basically the USL regulars.

TwoStepBoog fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Dec 1, 2018

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
STAY THE gently caress OUT VINCE

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Enjoy your Washington Trump-Did-Nothing-Wrongs, Fancy.

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

El Jebus posted:

Can’t be any worse than a Toronto-Seattle game with no shots on goal...

It was just Seattle with no shots on goal and actually it could be worse, you could have been dumb enough to pay money to go there and sit in the dick shriveling cold, I was dumb enough

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

It was just Seattle with no shots on goal and actually it could be worse, you could have been dumb enough to pay money to go there and sit in the dick shriveling cold, I was dumb enough

Pretty awesome from where I was sitting... :smug:

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

whypick1 posted:

Pretty awesome from where I was sitting... :smug:

yeah well were you *this* close to DeRo? Didn’t think so, idiot

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

oh good a Portland/Atlanta MLS Cup, I definitely don’t hope a nuclear strike levels the stadium and both sets of fans watching at home die of grief

It's American soccer. Every fan is an insufferable piece of garbage.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

1300 tix gone in under 4 minutes. Crashed the TA payment processing server.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
I got one. It took almost an hour to take my payment. I'm honestly impressed it held my invoice that long.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Well there you go
https://twitter.com/ESPNFC/status/1069100375133888512

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Good for him. I’m sure we’ll get back to Bradleyesque results.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I.
I believe.
I believe that.
I believe that this won't work.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

It would be very funny if we waited a year for this and it failed spectacularly.
It would also be very funny if it ended up working great.

But I fully expect very average and boring results.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

camoseven posted:

I.
I believe.
I believe that.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Not even the worst-kept secret to become official today

https://twitter.com/NewYorkRedBulls/status/1069290204488335360

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
So this showed up a few days ago.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Coming soon to an African country near you!

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

According to random twitter/reddit Columbus insider, official announcement of new Columbus owner will be this or next week.
And they've interviewed Caleb Porter and Josh Wolff (current assistant coach) for the head coach job.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

TwoStepBoog posted:

According to random twitter/reddit Columbus insider, official announcement of new Columbus owner will be this or next week.
And they've interviewed Caleb Porter and Josh Wolff (current assistant coach) for the head coach job.

Wolff is likely another solid but unspectacular coach. He’s had a chance to learn under Olsen and Berhalter, so I’d rate him to keep the wheels turning.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

TwoStepBoog posted:

The general rumor around Portland was that Porter was going to really try for the Cincinnati job. I can see him wanting to be in Columbus but if I were him I would want to know who the owner and GM were. Obviously that curtailed his time in Portland.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Real Name Grover posted:

Not even the worst-kept secret to become official today

https://twitter.com/NewYorkRedBulls/status/1069290204488335360

I’m sad and happy at the same time.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Oscar Wild posted:

The general rumor around Portland was that Porter was going to really try for the Cincinnati job. I can see him wanting to be in Columbus but if I were him I would want to know who the owner and GM were. Obviously that curtailed his time in Portland.

At least locally, no one has talked about the Cincinnati job being open. Ownership here intends on keeping Koch from their time in the USL

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

gtkor posted:

At least locally, no one has talked about the Cincinnati job being open. Ownership here intends on keeping Koch from their time in the USL

You're probably right. I mean, all of this conjecture is just because of his Ohio roots. I don't know anything about FC Cincinnati.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

this happened today and i'm ready to have my heart broken again

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

SKC starting with a Liga MX team right out of the gate. Hoo boy

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.
It was either them or Toronto, and now that Toronto actually gets an offseason they might potentially be Good Again, drat it all.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Literally nothing about that new format makes sense. The US spots shouldn't be figured out for seeding purposes until after the MLS cup I'd assume.

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

I've been thinking Atlanta probably has the best chance out of the MLS teams, but just remembered they're (most likely) losing Almiron and Martinez.
Gonna be an interesting winter for them.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

gtkor posted:

Literally nothing about that new format makes sense. The US spots shouldn't be figured out for seeding purposes until after the MLS cup I'd assume.

On one hand, yes (because whoever wins on Saturday would always get the USA1 spot, and then whoever replaces last year's cup winner from the fallback table will always get USA4, so if you're drawing the SPOTS specifically against each other then you need to know who will be in them first).

But CONCACAF, being CONCACAF, came up with a clever workaround of its own rules: both USA1 and USA4 are seeded in Pot 1 (now, the way that individual qualification spots have coefficient rather than teams or countries is insane, but clearly so am I because it makes a queer sort of sense to me), so it doesn't actually matter which spot Atlanta is in and you only need to have one "oops, I guess it depends" choice in Pot 1.

Dallan Invictus fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Dec 4, 2018

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/canaldeportv/status/1069962367000301568?s=19

Everyone say hello to the Colorado Rapids new DP Goalkeeper.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Someone want to explain NYR/POR to me? What is that dependent on?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Unrelated: unless the Timbers win MLS Cup (please no), Red Bulls get the last CCL spot due to qualification fuckery this cycle. If you feel like having your head hurt, read why.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Clear as mud!

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

I am impressed that they redid the format, but were not smart enough to figure out to add a clause so that the holders could automatically get an entry.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jovial Cow posted:

Someone want to explain NYR/POR to me? What is that dependent on?

If Portland wins the MLS Cup we get the CCL spot. If we lose, it goes to NYRB. I don't exactly remember why Supporter Shield winner doesn't get an automatic berth this year, probably has something to do w/ Atlanta already being qualified.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/COPA90US/status/1070090371919568902?s=19

:wow:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

incredibly kind man, cattywompus artist.

that said, I am in absolute awe of tattoo artists, the confidence they have in putting down a line and it being there forever is admirable. Having had my arm worked on for 20+ hours, it blows my mind.

oh, Sounders folks, how do you feel about the XFL coming to Seattle and making the Clink their home when they likely wouldn't even be able to sell out Starfire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

highme posted:

I don't exactly remember why Supporter Shield winner doesn't get an automatic berth this year, probably has something to do w/ Atlanta already being qualified.

It's because of the CCL schedule change - since the 2016 season qualified teams for this year's tournament (since the tournament that started last February would have previously started in August 2017), USSF had too many qualifiers for the 2019 tournament (since both the 2017 and 2018 seasons would have been played since the last group qualified), and they decided to only keep the MLS Cup and USOC winners from both 2017 and 2018.

It'll be back to normal next year.