Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Anyone else have the munchies?
Rapids are on the “verge” of signing Yannick Boli to a TAM deal at striker. I don’t know who that is.

https://twitter.com/samstejskal/status/973633524774432776

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

The Rapids and wayward midfielder Stefan Aigner have mutually agreed to terminate his contract.

https://www.coloradorapids.com/post/2018/06/08/colorado-rapids-stefan-aigner-reach-mutual-agreement-terminate-contract

At least that disaster is over, now back to the regular season!

:marc:

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

So the Rapids have had one shot on goal in their last 196 minutes.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to ask your team's GM if they know what the gently caress they're doing without getting a long term ban?

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Do so directly, and if they ban you then you can keep your money

You win both ways

Good point. I'll just show up for the tailgate then leave if I do get banned. Less heartbreak that way.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

MLS transfers says the Rapids have put in a bid for someone named Romain Gall from GIF Sundsval. He’s not exactly mind blowing on transfermarkt. He’s an American attacking mid, I guess.
link

What’s this guy’s score on football manager? I’m serious, given how lovely the Rapids are this year it feels like they’re bargain shopping through it again.

Sam Stejskal says the Rapids are signing MLS retread Giles Barnes from Leon and have waived Joe Mason.

Frankly it feels like re-arranging the deck chairs on the titanic. The season has essentially been over since June 1. Should I be remotely excited about Barnes? Does he have anything left?

I can’t get a refund on the season tickets, there’s absolutely no secondary market, so I may as well know if I should get excited or...more likely not.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jul 12, 2018

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

LionYeti posted:

I simply have no confidence in anything this front office does. I'm not watching or going to games until the GM gets canned.

If I see his stupid rear end again wandering around DSG before a game I’m going to ask him if he actually knows what he’s doing. Probably profanely. It sure as hell doesn’t seem like he knows anything at all.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

B.B. Rodriguez posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romain_Gall

He played for Columbus and stuff, was regarded as a future USMNT prospect. He's kinda ok?

I’ll take it I guess. Not like they can be worse.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

insider posted:

He was absolutely terrible in Columbus. He came off the bench three times and literally did nothing except lose the ball every time he touched it.

Thank you! I was starting to get mildly optimistic about this guy and your post sounds like he’s a much more Rapids quality player. USL, Swedish second division, just turns the ball over and so on.

whypick1 posted:

Looks like someone's trying to get the hell out of San Jose in a hurry: https://quakesepicenter.com/2018/07/12/florian-jungwirth-we-dont-have-the-quality-to-compete/

I wouldn’t mind if Hudson and Smith were that honest. I have no faith they’d fix it, but the honesty would be nice.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Jul 13, 2018

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Well that’s shocking. :aaaaa:

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticDEN/status/1021171904529326080

COL Receive: Kellyn Acosta

DAL Receives: Dominic Badji, COL’s natural 1st round 2019 SuperDraft pick, 2018 and 2019 international spots, portion of transfer fee should Acosta be sold to outside of MLS

Hopefully this means that 3 in the back bullshit of Hudson’s is dead. I’d be appalled if they put Acosta outside of, say, the top of a 4-4-2 diamond. Shame the Rapids don’t have a striker outside of “flying elbows” Boli and McBean for 2018 now, but then the season was already over June 1.

(Needed more :aaaaa:)

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jul 23, 2018

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

I think we can pencil in tonight's affair in Minneapolis as most surprising game of the year. Minnesota up 5-1 and it just now hit the hour mark.

Wow. After MN lost here at Colorado that’s...surprising.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Someone’s not a big fan of the Acosta trade.

He’s not entirely wrong, just look at Dillon Powers and Chris Klute. :eng99:

https://twitter.com/vamos_dcu/status/1021181163937730560?s=21

And yet “...Dillon Serna, Marlon Hairston, Shane O'Neill, Greg Tracey, Sam Vines, Luke Hansen and Matt Hundley are all Rapids products that have played with the USYNT or USMNT.”

Guess we will see.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 23, 2018

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

:golfclap:...and yet...:gonk:

Jack2142 posted:

This is also stupid for Colorado because I am pretty sure Acosta has one more year on his contract and lol at him staying in Colorado.

That’s the part I’m afraid of. It feels like a lot to pay for a, what, 18 month? rental. Hopefully this trade includes a contract extension for Acosta.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Dallan Invictus posted:

6 months.

Good luck with his contract talks, but you guys are basically Columbus trading for Kekuta Manneh here - odds are that if literally anyone in Europe or maybe Liga MX is interested in him for free you won't get to keep him, assuming you even want to.

edit: lol never mind he has two club option years. Leaving this up as a monument to my shame.

That makes me feel a lot better about this trade. A 6 month rental of Acosta is...idiotic. A potential 2.5 years of Acosta is a lot better.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Do we have any LAFC fans? I’m going to the Rapids game on August 19 and fully expecting the Rapids to lose. 11 road wins since January 2014...

Anyway, I’d be happy to meet up and grab a beer beforehand.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Aug 9, 2018

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

In transfer news, the Rapids are trying to sign Castillo permanently, which, good.

They just shipped Michael Azira to Montreal for a draft pick which...that’s it? drat. That guy is pretty good.

They’re also reportedly trying to sign Sander Svendsen from Norway on loan. Too bad they’re out of international spots. :engleft:

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Well that sucks for Crew fans and MLS.

quote:

The Austin City Council voted 7-4 to approve a term sheet agreed to by the city and PSV, one that outlines details for a $200 million, 20,000-seat stadium to be built at McKalla Place, a city-owned 24-acre site in north Austin.

link

I realize they’re not moving *yet* but that’s a mighty grim turn. It sucks for MLS at large because it means any underperforming team or team with a owner focused on money might move now. *glances nervously at the Rapids*

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

whypick1 posted:

I doubt Kroenke even remembers he owns the Rapids, so you're probably "fine".

Funny you should mention that. At the end of 2014 and 2015, someone hired one of those banner airplanes to fly a banner saying something like KSE is ruining the Rapids and they should sell the team.

It made the front page of the Denver Post sports section, and that made its way to Stan’s son Josh who “runs” the Rapids. I think until that point they had forgotten they own the Rapids too. But from there came Howard and everything else...and I’m sure they’ve forgotten about the Rapids since.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Aug 16, 2018

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Your Boy Fancy posted:

DC United to play Honduras’ Olimpia in a friendly on September 19th. Because what this team needs is more games at the end of the season.

Free tickets for season ticket holders though.

It could be dumber. Rapids vs Oklahoma in Memphis Tennessee this Saturday.

quote:

The Colorado Rapids announced today an exhibition match against United Soccer League (USL) side Tulsa Roughnecks FC at AutoZone Park in Downtown Memphis on Saturday, September 1.

The match is being hosted by USL Memphis, who were awarded a franchise in Jan. 2018 and will be taking the pitch for its inaugural season in 2019.

quote:

Rapids Goalkeeper Tim Howard, a Memphis resident and USL Memphis advisor since its unveiling in January, will lead the Rapids in goal for this special exhibition match.

At least Olimpia would be fun to watch. This sounds just plain dull.

TheBoyBlunder fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Aug 31, 2018

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Weedle posted:

I’m talking about Tulsa. If we beat the Rapids I will poo poo myself.

The Rapids had 0 shots on goal in a US Open game against Nashville earlier this year. They were outshot 7-3 overall. You may want to have a fresh pair of pants at hand.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

It's almost as if Stahre is a poo poo manager who picks fights with his players and doesn't really know what he's doing.

Sounds like Anthony Hudson.

That Rapids at San Jose game on October 21 should be quite the fight for the wooden spoon. San Jose needs to get a point somewhere though...and avoid more 5-1 losses.

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Rapids have sent longtime backup keeper Zac MacMath to Vancouver for non-defender Nicholas Mezquida and $100k in TAM. I’ve seen him listed as a forward and the Rapids are calling him an “attacking mid.”

http://bit.ly/NicoRapids

Comments on social media are “the guy is a great super sub but crumbles under a large workload.” Is that pretty much correct? I’m “meh” about this one.

MacMath is a good guy who deserves a shot at a starting job. He was pretty good, solid but unspectacular, until Howard showed up and MacMath got exiled to the bench. He needs minutes or he tends to badly lose form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBoyBlunder
Jul 3, 2004

Dallan Invictus posted:

He's basically an attacking mid. I'm sure we've played him up front at times because he usually comes on as a sub and our depth at striker has been terrible forever, but he's not really suited to lead a line himself.

That's what I thought. Rapids still need a striker then, unless they plan on playing McBean up top for another year. :eek:

quote:

About right, yes.

That's also what I thought. Guess they're gonna moneyball it until Howard and Gashi go, then go for it 2020.

quote:

We now have two guys in that boat because we also traded for Max Crepeau from Montreal, so I guess our preseason is going to be a goalie Thunderdome to decide which of them will start and which of them has moved over a thousand miles to sit on another bench.

I'm really surprised you guys traded him, actually. Surely Howard won't last much beyond next season, you should have been transitioning to Zac surely?

That was the expectation from basically everyone. Howard is under contract through 2019 and says farewell on another crappy team, MacMath gets the job in 2020, and the search for the next kid starts. Now...:shrug:

There's a few thories floating around about this trade. MacMath forced it (change of scenery? he's been told no he's not starting in 2020?), the Rapids' copy of Football Manager rated Mezquida higher than MacMath, they have some kid ready to go in 2019 and hopefully start in 2020, or comedy option the new backup will be Andrew Dykstra. No one really knows at this point.