Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
That indigo milk cap is amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

the yeti posted:

Right? And those are pretty old dry ones. If you google the fresh young ones are incredibly colored.

Whoa! You weren't lying. This is a cool thread I'm excited to learn more about mushrooms

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

extra stout posted:

Still haven't tried these as popular as they are, nice looking harvest though. Why the buffalo sauce? Most of the choice mushrooms people just add a bit of fat to and try to let some of the mushroom flavor stick around. Still, it sounds good.

Bi-la kaifa: I'm not sure on the species but at that size it goes without saying I probably wouldn't risk it, still great photographs. Do we have anyone here harvesting nuts this week or last week? I want to make a thread but as usual I'm behind schedule and this subforum seems impossible to revive.

I wish I knew how to do that in my area!

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Prop Wash posted:

I have lots of chestnut groves pinned but I wish I had a lead on more hazelnuts. There are some in a local park but there’s a surprising amount of competition.

Then again, it’s been very windy recently. I should probably go check on some of those chestnuts.

Parks get so busy when the horse chestnuts are falling its pretty funny to see

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

It got warm and some mushrooms popped up. These might be oysters? PNW on a fallen red alder

Saw these walking as well

Harry Potter on Ice fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 10, 2020

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

I'd like to learn how to do spore prints so I can feel better about collecting shrooms like this, anyone have some good info for learning the basics with these? A rude friend sent me pics of store bought oysters claiming these weren't them.. I'm pretty sure they are but you know.. spore prints right?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Found some friends hiking around the other day, the only one I know is the Indian Pipe or Ghost I believe? This might not he the thread for it haha

GodspeedSphere posted:

Edit: FFS I'm a grown rear end adult and I can never figure out how to link these drat things right.

I usually copy the image link on imgur, paste it here and preview reply the edit "url" to say timg

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

the yeti posted:

Indian pipe is a plant but it’s a parasite on fungi so it’s fine here as far as I’m concerned! They occur closely together based on that relationship and healthy populations of Indian pipe are good scouting indicators for how suitable an area is

That's awesome, the fungi world is wild. Any idea on the other two?

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Hawley-Smoot Tariff posted:

I ran into a few red cage stinkhorns today in Oakland. Nice and pungent!

This is pretty wild looking to me

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

God drat I'd love to come upon a fairy circle in real life in the woods that is so cool

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

The first two I hadn't seen before, funny little friends, actually no idea what any are I just like finding them

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Greatest Living Man posted:

Some more from this weekend:

A few more here:
https://imgur.com/a/OcrNL8v

What is the second one here and the first in your album? I think I saw both on one of my walks

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Cool, thanks! Mine wasnt a funnel cap now that I look closer but the other was really close if not the parasol

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

A few new friends

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

the yeti posted:

I wonder if this is what haritan describes in this post https://www.instagram.com/p/CHNweW9M1VG/?igshid=1kypc82yeny6s

I'm pretty sure they were baby cyanescens from the growing in birch chips, white stems and purple bruising after they were picked but a spore print will be nice to confirm. Also they were super wet or jelly like which seems to be a big indicator? They should be a bit bigger today or tomorrow. I'm slowly learning! Cant stop looking for mushrooms now they're everywhere

Nice shaggy inkcap this morning

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

What the hell those are wild, those bloody gills?! I cant stop looking

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Cardiovorax posted:

I imagine stalking vegetables is very easy. They're not good at running away.

They dont run they hide

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Nettle pesto too, it's really good.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Dik Hz posted:

Its morel season, everyone. Post your finds so I can be jealous.

I've heard of people hunting previous burns is this a good strategy or what would you do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

Great thanks, what about slope orientation, can that be indicative to where they grow? More or less or dappled light? Or tree species?