Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

What the gently caress, there’s a mushroom thread?? And here I’ve only been posting about mushrooms in the psychedelic thread like a loving idiot.

I’m in the PNW and am hoping we have more of a fall than we did last year. Might go out to see if anything is growing from the ice melts but otherwise waiting for the rain to return. 2021 fall season was so fun for me but 2022 was pretty sad (except for a bunch of matsutake. That ruled).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Mt Hood represent

Albatrellus

Hello my little rainbow chanterelles.

Went with a friend who found some other dye mushrooms (forgot to take pics) but saw some coral shrooms, conchs, and a slime mold (dog puke? Moon poop? Bad name).

Saw a few russula and a bolete stem. It was so hot & dry in this area last year I’m happy to see this growth!

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Porcini time bitches

:c00l:

Also found a wee bit of chicken of the woods and a non-buggy violet chanterelle.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

Spent most of Saturday at Mt Adams:

Look at these cuties! Don’t know what it’s called.

Violet chanterelles/pig’s ear.

Don’t know what this is???

Dog vomit slime mold

VERY young & juicy dyer’s polypore

Old reishi?

Cute little fir-cone mushrooms

Some kinda russula. I did get some shrimp russula but they were much darker (and had blush pink on the stems)

Alpine jelly cones (they taste like forest water) :3:

Found some small lobsters!!

Also found a few chanterelles and hawk’s wing mushrooms but didn’t take pictures.

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

It’s a wild year for matsutake:

Above pic has a matsu and a couple Sarcodon fuscoindicus (violet hedgehog), which is highly coveted for textile dye, which are also having a bumper year.
More fusco:

Hygrocybe conicodes:

Some snuggling admirable bolete:

Witches’ butter

Cats tongue (I wanna candy these!!)

Cortinarius smithii (used for dyeing)

Cortinarius violaceus, the goth mushroom.

Also found tons of Hygrophorus bakerensis which smells so strongly of sweet almonds. Didn’t take any photos but did shove it in people’s faces and tell them to take a whiff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crocobile
Dec 2, 2006

It’s been dry this April and I’ve not been out much.
I’ve seen a couple Verpa bohemica:

The single morel I’ve seen so far:

Some kinda inky cap?