Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

BrandorKP posted:

For those that live in the PNW, Puget Sound Mycological Society has a bunch of good resources. They can even identify stuff for you from photos. They host some good events in Seattle and some are very kid friendly. If you have the type of child that would corner a grad student to grill them about fungus I'd recommend it strongly.

Is Bob from Bob's Homebrew Shop involved with PSMS? I'm pretty sure I see him wearing their shirts sometimes when I go in for supplies.

I found some pics of a mushroom trip I did with friends last spring on the Olympic Peninsula. I was the friend who knows nothing about mushrooms and just along for the ride and learning experience, so I don't even know what most of these things are.

We did find some false morels, but we didn't take any to eat. We didn't want to chance it with allergic reactions, etc.

Why not get the background in focus instead of the dang shroom?! :downs:

Some pics of the hike because it is a neat landscape:

Bonus owl!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Thanks! I never get tired of western Washington. I see various mushrooms growing in the city all of the time so I'll try to remember take and post some urban 'shroomspotting pics.

I just called a friend in Olympia to see if she's going to be around to have lunch on Saturday, but she's going to be out hunting for morels in a different part of the state! I should beg her to take me some other time soon.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Saw this leaving my apartment on my way to work this morning. No idea what I'm looking at.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

People's lawns are exploding in the Pacific Northwest right now. This is from an oak-lined street on my walk to work this morning.

:ducksiren:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Seen outside Bend, OR, in late August.

Puff balls?

In Seattle, mid-September, growing on an oak

Seen yesterday morning on my neighbor's lawn

Somebody else picked it, but at least it gave a good view of the gills.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

It's yard shroom season in Seattle.

It's yard :shroom: shroom :shroom: season in Seattle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Gorgeous! And delicious!