Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I love a rainy week.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

No idea what it is

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Thought I wouldn’t see the stinkhorn again after we covered its spot.

Welp

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Still don’t know what these shaggy Agaricus(?) are, but we are getting lots of them and they are beautiful.

freeedr fucked around with this message at 02:32 on May 28, 2023

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

the yeti posted:

If you find a fresh one you could try to get a spore print on white paper, that’s helpful with ID

It has a dark brown spore print. I don’t know 🤷🏽‍♂️

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Out on a walk

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

hare’s foot

freeedr fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Jun 2, 2023

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Found some earth stars

And of course we always have more mica caps

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Button Mushrooms?

and a bit of the ol memento mori

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Please post images of fungal sporocarps

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

That is morelly reprehensible

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Android Apocalypse posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if porcinis grow well here in Oregon. The environment is good enough for a variety of mushrooms. I believe truffles can even grow in the area.

Speaking of truffles… there was a Nicholas Cage movie called Pig where his truffle-hunting pig is stolen & he has to find it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSJTPbAm-SM
My ex-roommate dated the person that raised the pig used in the movie & even got to meet Mr. Cage in person.

I don't recall if the pig could actually find truffles though.

Warning: this movie is sad

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Yellow stainer

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Still getting these

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hope your day is good

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

nice

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Lovely gallery this is from:

https://imgur.com/gallery/mrRUIwr

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

My new neighbors hired tree trimmers (good) and also had them clear out brush (fine) which they did very thoroughly, including on my side of the property line right up to my house (bad). I specifically left the area on my side brushy and jungle-y because I like it and because the wood and leaf litter on the ground is where most of my mushrooms grow. Now it’s plain and open. I’m still getting regular mica caps in big bunches at the base of my elm tree, but nothing else. Too much sun and not enough composted material anymore.

I realize the neighbor might have thought it would be nice to just tell them to do the whole thing, except one glance at my yards and gardens tells you I have everything meticulously where I want it. I didn’t leave brush tucked around the side of my house out of laziness. Now my shade plants are not doing so great either.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

When they’re thick on bottom

:heysexy:

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Crocobile posted:

What the gently caress, there’s a mushroom thread?? And here I’ve only been posting about mushrooms in the psychedelic thread like a loving idiot.

I’m in the PNW and am hoping we have more of a fall than we did last year. Might go out to see if anything is growing from the ice melts but otherwise waiting for the rain to return. 2021 fall season was so fun for me but 2022 was pretty sad (except for a bunch of matsutake. That ruled).

Please post all the fruiting bodies images u got.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Crocobile posted:

Porcini time bitches

:c00l:

Also found a wee bit of chicken of the woods and a non-buggy violet chanterelle.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Mica caps have woken back up all week. I haven’t had a chance to get a picture, but mushrooms are something I love to see during rough times

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

So lovely to see you this morning little guys

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Hungriest zombies come out mouth first

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I just like fungus

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

So hyped

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I’m so glad it’s happening again.

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I think maybe just button mushrooms? I don’t know. They’re from this same patch from last year:

freeedr posted:

Button Mushrooms?

and a bit of the ol memento mori

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

That story has a good morel

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

I tossed mushroom caps under two different trees in my yard and sprayed with the hose and successfully inoculated both. Different though, because I don’t eat them. I just love lots of beautiful big mushrooms being in my yard. When I go out after a rain I often smell them before I see them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

To wit: