Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
The poor or ignorant?

On the one hand forcing impoverished people into never-ending, generations long, cycles of ever increasing poverty is fun but, on the other, really snow-jobbing some ignorant mid-west dirt farmer out of their retirement is fun too. I mean, both groups are pretty easy to target so they both have that going for them. The poor I think would have less resources available to try and bring a stop to your tyranny but they certainly can be a tenacious bunch, surviving like rats in their dirty tenements. Dirt farmers may have more resources but they lack the wherewithal to actually use those resources. It's kind of a crapshoot.

There are certainly more poors than dirt-farmers. Like, I would think at least a 2:1 ratio. It'd be systematically more challenging to oppress and exploit that many more people. Though the dirt farmers are spread out and more rural thus making a centralized structure of exploitation unwieldy and ultimately self defeating. I guess it depends on what kind of person you are and whether you'd mind a commute to go and collect money from some poo poo-kicking dirt farmers.Some people like to start the day with a pleasant drive through the country.

If you are skilled enough you might get the ignorant to put pictures of you in their living rooms and call you like "chairman," or "commandant," or some other silly poo poo. The poors would probably bad-mouth you behind your back. Draw like cruel doodles in the bathroom stalls of you or something. I don't know, poor people are kind of shifty. The dirt farmers are salt-of-the-earth people. You can really trust them, and buddy, you can get them to trust you. Say some Jesus poo poo when you meet them. The poors probably don't even know who Jesus is. Penniless heathens.

What do you guys think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

The Aristocrats

Xtra Innings Lovin
Nov 11, 2016

I think it’s great they voluntarily gently caress themselves over and are both proud and uppity about it. They’ve been that way since the dawn of time and will be that way until civilization dies out. Rather comforting tbqh

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

the elderly

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

Cubone posted:

the elderly

The Venn Diagram has a lot of overlap tho

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

kill them all and let dog sort them out

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Blue Train posted:

kill them all and let dog sort them out

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
If you created a new lottery where one winner received $1,000,000 every week, but one loser gets sent to their death every week...both the poor and the ignorant would buy tickets

Make it a daily lotto instead

Or how about an hourly lotto

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

EugeneJ posted:

If you created a new lottery where one winner received $1,000,000 every week, but one loser gets sent to their death every week...both the poor and the ignorant would buy tickets

Is this that Reaganomics I've heard so much about?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord

EugeneJ posted:

They’d do it for the chance to meet Donald Trump or the cast of Duck Dynasty. Don’t need a million to entice them.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
In a truly egalitarian society, Robin Hood would steal from everybody.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

dee eight posted:

In a truly egalitarian society, Robin Hood would steal from everybody.

Would he also give to everybody?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Literally A Person posted:

Would he also give to everybody?

No he would keep it. That's why Wall Street is often called the modern day robin hood

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I have so much to learn.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I have so much to learn.

There's an app for that

https://www.robinhood.com/

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
The ignorant have no excuse. Either they’ve acquired more than they can intellectually defend or they got greedy and embraced policies they thought would gently caress the other guy. Either way living within your means avoids the scam.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

That's asking a lot. I'm only one person.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

Dinosaurs, because they were both. I don't think they mind at this point.
Exploit them for their bones for a museum or the black market

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Applesnots posted:

:baby:

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

quote is not edit.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Applesnots posted:

Exploit them for their bones for a museum or the black market

It's unconventional but I think that's why I like it.

Applesnots
Oct 22, 2010

MERRY YOBMAS

It's unconventional but I think that's why I like it.

When people look upon their remains they are never forgotten. They live in our minds forever. Also, Lizards are neat.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

i saw an old man with a walker playing scratch tickets for like an hour maybe one day he will win enough money to still be an old man with a walker who cant do poo poo and then he will die

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

curlys gold posted:

i saw an old man with a walker playing scratch tickets for like an hour maybe one day he will win enough money to still be an old man with a walker who still cant do poo poo and then he will die

Livin' the life!

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Caganer posted:

The ignorant have no excuse. Either they’ve acquired more than they can intellectually defend or they got greedy and embraced policies they thought would gently caress the other guy. Either way living within your means avoids the scam.

Actually the frugal and responsible people are super easy to gently caress. Just tell them you want to help them save a bunch of money.

They also tend to have a strong aversion to anything "risky" and tend to think investment is bad because it's like gambling, so the upshot is that they never learned dickall about markets actually work so you sell them the world's "safest" feeling assets like gold, or collectable plates, or Florida real estate, or modern guns to protect their antique gun collections.

This is why old conservative "hard worker" types basically get scammed 24/7 and usually don't even realize it.

Plus it's way easier to dip into some cotton-head's nest egg than it is to collect on a seasoned credit addict debt fugitive who's been dodging repo men and the IRS his whole life.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Duckbox posted:

Actually the frugal and responsible people are super easy to gently caress. Just tell them you want to help them save a bunch of money.

They also tend to have a strong aversion to anything "risky" and tend to think investment is bad because it's like gambling, so the upshot is that they never learned dickall about markets actually work so you sell them the world's "safest" feeling assets like gold, or collectable plates, or Florida real estate, or modern guns to protect their antique gun collections.

This is why old conservative "hard worker" types basically get scammed 24/7 and usually don't even realize it.

Plus it's way easier to dip into some cotton-head's nest egg than it is to collect on a seasoned credit addict debt fugitive who's been dodging repo men and the IRS his whole life.

If you lack the intellect to protect your fortune you’ve accumulated beyond your means and that money should have been taxed and doled out via social security a little bit at a time

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Exploiting others is not good. Are you Harvey Weinstein? Is he your idol? If not, then actively make the choice to not exploit people, even when you could (which is often). Jesus will not pat you on your baby head and tell you "well done", and you wont get any repayment because justice does not exist in this world. The motivation has to come from within.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Sexually exploit the rich and distribute the gains to the poor.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
The most fun to exploit? The deserving.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's ignorant rich people. for all that they tend to have financial advisors, they aren't any more prepared for cults or snake oil than ignorant poors.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's ignorant rich people. for all that they tend to have financial advisors, they aren't any more prepared for cults or snake oil than ignorant poors.

Only problem is their financial advisor has the same idea and go there first.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous
Nobody deserves to be exploited OP*

*Except people who spend money on game weapon skins or character skins or hats, too dumb to live

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Wanna know what's fun? Let's play spot the Russian bot!

:psyduck: at you, OP

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think it’s Draculas because they are out of touch. :drac:

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
sluts

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Sue Eastside posted:

Wanna know what's fun? Let's play spot the Russian bot!

:psyduck: at you, OP

Не будьте так недоверчивы!

Duh, it was so obvious. Should have seen it.

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
White male sovereign citizens.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
Targeted Individuals, the tinfoil hatters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

doverhog posted:

Exploiting others is not good. Are you Harvey Weinstein? Is he your idol? If not, then actively make the choice to not exploit people, even when you could (which is often). Jesus will not pat you on your baby head and tell you "well done", and you wont get any repayment because justice does not exist in this world. The motivation has to come from within.

Unintentional powerful argument for exploitation

• Locked thread