Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
To anyone reading, don't feel intimidated. Doing one of these takes less time than an episode of whatever your chosen weekly show is, and no matter what it's gonna come out good! The two pictures I've submitted are literally the first two times I've used MSPaint in over a decade. Just give it a shot and surprise yourself!

I'd like to see less people saying how they can't and more people showing what they did. I believe in you. Bob believes in you. Don't let Bob down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i notice a lot of these arent signed. hope you dont mind me making a happy buck off your work :smug:

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Who What Now posted:

To anyone reading, don't feel intimidated. Doing one of these takes less time than an episode of whatever your chosen weekly show is, and no matter what it's gonna come out good! The two pictures I've submitted are literally the first two times I've used MSPaint in over a decade. Just give it a shot and surprise yourself!

I'd like to see less people saying how they can't and more people showing what they did. I believe in you. Bob believes in you. Don't let Bob down.

:thumbsup:

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

What version of mspaint are you using that has transparent brush strokes?

edit: oh apparently windows 7 has that. Neat!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

wa27 posted:

What version of mspaint are you using that has transparent brush strokes?

edit: oh apparently windows 7 has that. Neat!

Technically Im on 10 but you can make works of art off of windows 95. There is no floor to quality if you just try your best!

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

i do love this thread. my problem is that i can never really participate with a bob ross episode because his show is so soothing that i doze off watching it.

i am not saying that as a bad thing; the blissful slumbers encouraged by bob ross is one of the few joys i have left in this world.

We have 5- and 2-year-old daughters and they just LOVE watching Bob Ross before bed. I wish there were more on Netflix, because we've gone through all the ones on there like 4 times, but I hadn't thought to look on Youtube.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Slightly Absurd posted:

Alrighty. I've never tried to make a youtube before, but I have thought about trying to make an mspaint with Bob Ross before. Here's my very first attempt at making a video. it's meant to go along with:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XxClvPZ1RE
at 3/4 speed. since i'm super dumb at making videos, i don't have any cool music* or commentary to go with it. any help in this regard would be appreciated.

is the final image

You can skip ahead about 40 seconds into this, like i said, i have no idea how to edit this better
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ev-cdCzrIPk
*ooh, now with royalty free youtube musics

amazing

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Thanks dude

not ready
Apr 1, 2016

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Hey, now this guy is the cheater!

but seriously, I do wanna try actually bob rossing some time. nice job!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Those obviously werent made in MSPaint, but you know what? That's just an extremely happy accident. Those are extremely good and extremely in line with this thread.

Thank you for sharing with us!

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Why does the oil brush keep interrupting my strokes? On Windows 10.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

If you hold it down, it stops after a while for some dumb reason. It is annoying. As far as I can tell, you just gotta live with it

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It runs out of oil, obvs.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

"Old Weathered Barn" (Season 28 Episode 7)

There. It is done. It's as if someone ripped the soul from out of my body and splattered it onto the canvas.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

:bisonyes:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Koishi Komeiji posted:

"Old Weathered Barn" (Season 28 Episode 7)

There. It is done. It's as if someone ripped the soul from out of my body and splattered it onto the canvas.

:kiss:

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
I want to do this I just have to find an episode where he paints some mountains some trees a lake and some rocks.

Edit - and clouds. Got to have clouds

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

This is hard and frustrating and I did not feel the joy of painting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx2IsmrCs3c

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I don't see why not, because you did great!

Monos Bullet
Dec 6, 2016

Yea, and I say unto you, bringeth me a machiatto of caramel, with crickets on top.

TVsVeryOwn posted:

i thought my image was big at 1500x1500. 2396x1532!? :eyepop:

looks good though! I bet it was frustrating.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Monos Bullet posted:

i thought my image was big at 1500x1500. 2396x1532!? :eyepop:

looks good though! I bet it was frustrating.

I might have bitten off more pixels than I could chew.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Hey, I'd say it's not bad. I know it can be overwhelming, Bob Ross goes FAST. you can use youtube settings to slow down videos so that it's a little easier to follow along

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's definitely also easier to work with a smaller canvas. I do my paintings by opening YouTube and MSPaint on both halves of one single screen. That makes for a canvas that's juuuuust the right size for me. You should maybe try that with your next one.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Here's another old mspaint bob ross:

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

We have 5- and 2-year-old daughters and they just LOVE watching Bob Ross before bed. I wish there were more on Netflix, because we've gone through all the ones on there like 4 times, but I hadn't thought to look on Youtube.

you used to only be able to find bob ross reuploaded by eastern european accounts in youtube

until twitch did that insanely popular bob ross stream where they pumped every single episode for like a week.

after that one of the official bob ross channels on youtube started uploading every single day for a couple months. i haven’t looked in a while but i’d be surprised if they’re gone

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

you used to only be able to find bob ross reuploaded by eastern european accounts in youtube

until twitch did that insanely popular bob ross stream where they pumped every single episode for like a week.

after that one of the official bob ross channels on youtube started uploading every single day for a couple months. i haven’t looked in a while but i’d be surprised if they’re gone

I have a helpful link to the Bob Ross channel in the OP! They have every episode from seasons 1 through 31, that's roughly 168 hours of painting fun! :eng101:

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 10, 2018

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

We watched one tonight, thanks guys.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Tonight I did Mountain Summit:

And tonight, Who What Wife did one with me! Here's her beautiful creation:

This was her first time using MSPaint, too.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Very nice. I wish my first mspaint anything looked that good!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
what in the gently caress

why do all the mspaints have this repeating tiled pattern embedded in them?

am I having a stroke? am I duying ?

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
My wife uses a Chromebook, so there was no mspaint, so to be fair we both used Sketchpad on Chrome. We got annoyed about half way through so we quit before the foreground bushes, and I undid my middle-distance trees because they made it worse.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
And my wife's one, she got pretty angry because the Chromebook kept scrolling the image away instead of drawing on it, and sketchpad kept freezing (mine did too, but reloading on my computer was less annoying).

Only registered members can see post attachments!

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

Forgot to mention that mine was done with a trackpad too. So any complaints that I'm supposed to only use mspaint can suck it, using a trackpad is plenty enough handicap. :colbert:

gamey
May 17, 2009

roomforthetuna posted:

My wife uses a Chromebook, so there was no mspaint, so to be fair we both used Sketchpad on Chrome. We got annoyed about half way through so we quit before the foreground bushes, and I undid my middle-distance trees because they made it worse.

Beautiful.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
I've just spent an hour and a half mesmerized by Bob Ross' voice. Again. Thanks a lot op.

No seriously thanks because Bob Ross loving owns. Gonna try and take a shot at a mspaint when I'm not busy pretending to work.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
This one's for you, bob. :unsmith:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdIUHudQABI

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck you say about the Emperor?

That was seriously chill, and the first time I've done anything in MSPaint in loving years.

Season 29 Episode 1, Island in the Wilderness.

https://imgur.com/a/7LChi

Edit: For some reason I can't get the image to attach at all. Really harshing my little trees buzz, man.

tank is raid leader O.K. fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Mar 10, 2018

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I want to give this a try soon op. We stopped by to pay happy respects to him last November passing through Orlando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

SniperWoreConverse posted:

what in the gently caress

why do all the mspaints have this repeating tiled pattern embedded in them?

am I having a stroke? am I duying ?

If you smell toast, see a doctor.