Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

roomforthetuna posted:

My wife uses a Chromebook, so there was no mspaint, so to be fair we both used Sketchpad on Chrome. We got annoyed about half way through so we quit before the foreground bushes, and I undid my middle-distance trees because they made it worse.

roomforthetuna posted:

And my wife's one, she got pretty angry because the Chromebook kept scrolling the image away instead of drawing on it, and sketchpad kept freezing (mine did too, but reloading on my computer was less annoying).

These are lovely.

tank is raid leader O.K. posted:

That was seriously chill, and the first time I've done anything in MSPaint in loving years.

Season 29 Episode 1, Island in the Wilderness.

Edit: For some reason I can't get the image to attach at all. Really harshing my little trees buzz, man.

See if your browser has this option: Right Click -> Copy Image Address. But if it doesn't I embedded it for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Don't really like my trees.

ContraBoss
Dec 6, 2005

Well *I* only read the New Yorker and eat Fancy Feast.
This thread is the tits! Congrats on the gold OP!

I'm trying to convince my wife to jump onboard with this.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

I really like this.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

Paladinus posted:

And this.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTDQt_PdlYc

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Paladinus posted:

I like your trees.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
When you zoom out sufficiently, they look outright beautiful.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
These are all lovely. Doing this as soon as I get home today, can't wait to see how terrible mine will be.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
always remember that a thin pixel will stick to a thick pixel

tank is raid leader O.K.
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck you say about the Emperor?

Second go on Season 31 Ep 12 In the midst of winter.

https://imgur.com/a/NOUbM

Edit: Also, Yeah, Nude, not sure what's going on with the embeds but I'm phone posting and...well, :effort: Thanks for embedding that one in the quote.

Komojo
Jun 30, 2007

I drew this with a mouse and tried to do it without pausing the video.
(In case you don't know: Use Ctrl+ and Ctrl - to change the brush size.)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

These are all amazing.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

e: vvv it's the one from the OP

theres a will theres moe fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Mar 10, 2018

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Awesome, got a screenshot of the final from the episode?

Nah!!
Jan 5, 2009

These posts are awesome and this was fun as hell.

I don't like my trees or path too much but I feel pretty good about the rest!

Original:

Also, hi! I mostly lurk around these here parts.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Ambitious but fun. So relaxing, didn't erase, only happy accidents.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

My wife is very disappointed with this after I got her drunk and made her MSpaint this on a tablet, but here you go:

From this source:

Video Nasty fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Mar 11, 2018

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Today we did Bubbling Brook (s05e07), using "muro", the web-based drawing thing affiliated with deviantart, so highly inappropriate for Bob Rossery. On a chromebook with a touchscreen, muro refused to let any touchscreen contact travel through a line about 1/3 of the way down the page, to the point that touching near that line would pop up a context menu instead of doing the appropriate action, and once you've tried to draw a line there you can't do anything with a trackpad either. So this time my wife drew with trackpad too.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

And my wife's one:

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

i wish i had a wife so i could watch her pour multicoloured digital fluid on a laptop 1x/month

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

You can see where I got sick of doing good grass because it was way too effort intensive.

And for comparison, Bob's one.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Do y'all actually pick which one to do? I just hit shuffle on the Youtube playlist.

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

TVsVeryOwn posted:

Do y'all actually pick which one to do? I just hit shuffle on the Youtube playlist.
It took us loving ages to pick one because my wife refused to do more mountains, which seems to rule out about 90% of the episodes, and she didn't like "Campfire" which would have been my choice.
Also, it's really bizarre to me that Chromebooks with a stylus exist but there doesn't seem to be even a half decently supported freehand drawing app. There are better drawing tools on a Nintendo DS!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TVsVeryOwn posted:

I just scrolled through the youtube channel and picked a random one. I think for my next one I'm gonna choose based on the thumbnails where he is holding some kind of animal that only bob ross could own as a pet.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.

roomforthetuna posted:

It took us loving ages to pick one because my wife refused to do more mountains, which seems to rule out about 90% of the episodes, and she didn't like "Campfire" which would have been my choice.
Also, it's really bizarre to me that Chromebooks with a stylus exist but there doesn't seem to be even a half decently supported freehand drawing app. There are better drawing tools on a Nintendo DS!

Campfire was terrible. Your wife was correct.

I love Bob Ross and floated on a Vicodin haze during the week his videos were shown back to back many years ago. A broken arm meant I couldn’t follow along in reality, but I followed in spirit.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

TVsVeryOwn posted:

i wish i had a wife so i could watch her pour multicoloured digital fluid on a laptop 1x/month

I know byob crossover jokes have a pretty small target but I laughed.

Also I really enjoyed checking out everyone's MSPaintings! I was just thinking the other day how there aren't that many mspaint threads anymore. It used to be "its all most people had access to" then "funny as a handicap or gimmick occasionally" and now pretty rare but it's nice to see one pop up, especially of this caliber!

E: Wondering if TVsVeryOwn just thought they were in byob cuz this thread is very byob.

Twenty Four fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Mar 11, 2018

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

tank is raid leader O.K. posted:

Second go on Season 31 Ep 12 In the midst of winter.

https://imgur.com/a/NOUbM

Edit: Also, Yeah, Nude, not sure what's going on with the embeds but I'm phone posting and...well, :effort: Thanks for embedding that one in the quote.

get the share link that has .jpg at the end of it. A link to the page where imgur is displaying the image is not the same as a link to an image.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Komojo posted:

I drew this with a mouse and tried to do it without pausing the video.
(In case you don't know: Use Ctrl+ and Ctrl - to change the brush size.)
starting by covering your canvas with black gesso really makes your colors stand out. hope you brought your sunglasses today

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's so good to see more and more submission coming in! Bob would be proud of all of you.

roomforthetuna posted:

Today we did Bubbling Brook (s05e07), using "muro", the web-based drawing thing affiliated with deviantart, so highly inappropriate for Bob Rossery. On a chromebook with a touchscreen, muro refused to let any touchscreen contact travel through a line about 1/3 of the way down the page, to the point that touching near that line would pop up a context menu instead of doing the appropriate action, and once you've tried to draw a line there you can't do anything with a trackpad either. So this time my wife drew with trackpad too.

roomforthetuna posted:

And my wife's one:

roomforthetuna posted:

You can see where I got sick of doing good grass because it was way too effort intensive.

And for comparison, Bob's one.

What a coincidence, This is the once I drew today too!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

What's the best MSPaint alternative if I'm on a mac? gimp?

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

actionjackson posted:

paintbrush

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

actionjackson posted:

I don't know about "the best" but either of the two we used will work on anything that can run Chrome. (Sketchpad and Muro.) Though Muro didn't work right with a touchscreen.

Rock Paper Tongue
Oct 24, 2016

May cause birth defects

"Ebony Sunset," by Bob Ross (Season 1, Episode 3)

"Cataract Sunset," by Dangerous Minority

My lovely art program only has one brush and one brush size. I'll be damned if it wasn't nice and relaxing, though

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Paladinus posted:

This is dope

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Dangerous Minority posted:

"Ebony Sunset," by Bob Ross (Season 1, Episode 3)

"Cataract Sunset," by Dangerous Minority

My lovely art program only has one brush and one brush size. I'll be damned if it wasn't nice and relaxing, though

I like this one a lot.

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
Wait... crap

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

CannedMacabre posted:

Wait... crap

so dreamy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Mammal Sauce posted:

If you smell toast, see a doctor.

turns out I've had my browser at 110% zoom for like a week without realizing it, and it puts some weird fuckin artifacts in wherever someone uses the spraypaint