Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Ballz posted:

Gob is waxing nostalgic about It Hurts!! on Twitter. Enjoy it while Twitter still exists:

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1590849811829657601

yeah do it

maybe pick a non-twitter platform to post on simultaneously, just in case

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
we're back!

https://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/346-the-little-church-down-the-road/

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.
Hell yeah

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He's got her pegged though, let's be real.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
That guy seems a bit of a jerk.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Calling it, the butler did it, and that butler is also a priest. Murder Priest Butler!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

RandomPauI posted:

Calling it, the butler did it, and that butler is also a priest. Murder Priest Butler!

Gonna tell my kids this was the Butlerian Jihad

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
gob did a thread about unsettling photorealistic art

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1599509163846950912

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1599514735829200896

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Someone (Bill?) has made some, uh, interesting decisions on who to invite to this funeral

...and one really good call on who not to invite! Not that it mattered!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ripper Swarm posted:

Someone (Bill?) has made some, uh, interesting decisions on who to invite to this funeral

...and one really good call on who not to invite! Not that it mattered!

Gotta invite the man's friends and colleagues.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's mostly just Pasq's closest friends and their parents.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
I like Pasqs "yup time to dissociate" face.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

:smith: Pasqualo...

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Hostile V posted:

:smith: Pasqualo...
On the bright side, Obtusangelo has never looked better.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
...drat uh, didn't expect Melanie to be chilling in Reality A

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If someone poured me a cup of voltage from a teapot, I'd believe whatever they told me no matter what.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Pasqy this was not the lesson to take away from your chat with Melanie

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
nvm this is hilarious please proceed

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I see no issue here

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

One day she is going to walk into a therapists office and the diagnosis is just going to be "a lot going on"

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
This might be the best therapy of all. Make your own memories of the side you never knew your dad had.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Pasq is a closeted racist.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Gob adressed that in the comments

quote:

Nah, the actual 50 things don’t even exist lol. She just imagined her dad in that moment and what he might say, sorta manifested subconsciously by some general icky feelings. Her “dad” in this situation is just loving with her head to make her feel lovely. But really it’s just her head loving with itself. I think Pasq tries really hard to be “accepting” and “encouraging” of Ally x Tubsy, but really she just misses Ally and Tubsy as separate buddies rather than a lovey dovey smoochy couple.

On the other hand, death of the author / Maybe Josef wrote that part.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Brains is also jackass traitors sometimes. When I was a kid I used to think about Nazis for no good reason, I guess you could call it an intrusive thought but when I say "think about Nazis" I mean "a man in a SS uniform doing a stupid walking march like from Monty Python" and my brain would be like "you think about Nazis more than the average person and that makes you a bad person, a good person would never think about Nazis!" Trauma, puberty and depression can just be a hell of a rude thing for your mind and self-image.

Gobolatula
Nov 7, 2005

cant cook creole bream posted:

Gob adressed that in the comments

On the other hand, death of the author / Maybe Josef wrote that part.
Nah actually that line was me. Josef has been encouraging me to "Dad "Dad's" dialogue up." I just try to make him as lovely as I can in a hopefully over-the-top silly way.

Hostile V posted:

Brains is also jackass traitors sometimes. When I was a kid I used to think about Nazis for no good reason, I guess you could call it an intrusive thought but when I say "think about Nazis" I mean "a man in a SS uniform doing a stupid walking march like from Monty Python" and my brain would be like "you think about Nazis more than the average person and that makes you a bad person, a good person would never think about Nazis!" Trauma, puberty and depression can just be a hell of a rude thing for your mind and self-image.
It's pretty much this, haha. Intrusive thoughts and all that jazz. It didn't dawn on me that people might think Pasq actually has racist thoughts until I saw a few comments. My bad. Pasq does her best not to be racist, I assure you folks.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
The real Obtusangelo would never lose respect for Tubsy.

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Making dad over-the-top is good instinct though. If he were too real he'd be unreadable. I guess the difficulty is that reality can be ridiculous, so you try to write something preposterous and land squarely on bean dad or some hosed up historical court case no one even remembers. Or just some commenter's evil grandpa.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
racist intrusive thoughts are def a thing brains do sometimes. probably because we've seen the pattern of others being racist before? I'm not brain scientist. the important part is to recognize them and go no brain, don't be a jerk. thoughts are not actions or beliefs, they just kind of do their own unwise thing sometimes.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
On second look it's just a banner and Jewels is not about to wang someone with a steel chair

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
This is starting to look like the introduction of the cast of a murder mystery.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Holy poo poo those triangle names, I can't tell whether those were fun or agony to come up with

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I wasn't ready.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Kill the apostate

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Drakyn posted:

We haven't met Clownathan's dad in detail yet, have we? Maybe they're a perfectly balanced quadrumvirate: one apathetic evil, one psychotic evil, one apathetic good, and one psychotic good.
Well, so much for that theory - at least, if Obtusangelo's perception of good and evil is anything recognizable.
That aside holy crap his eyes are horrifying.

Also this particular strip's title kicks rear end.

Drakyn fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 3, 2023

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Reba's right, or at least it's the same conclusion I'd come to recently. If you hate your family so much go off and start your own.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

super sweet best pal posted:

Reba's right, or at least it's the same conclusion I'd come to recently. If you hate your family so much go off and start your own.

she's also right that its extremely crass to ask a woman if she ever hosed a dead man

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1626456415488593921

A big flaming stink posted:

she's also right that its extremely crass to ask a woman if she ever hosed a dead man

Well I mean if you put it like that

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

A big flaming stink posted:

I mean, he would have still been alive at the time

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Reminder to all snake owners: today's the day to give your snake a nice present.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Great, now I have to do another reread.