Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I'm glad pasqualo and ally's love of senseless violence has rightfully manifested as a universal constant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Congrats Katie, you won! Now you can be alone and miserable all you want :v:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
This comic is an extremely :same: mood right now

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
loving incredible

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
seems like things are about to Get Real

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

T-man posted:

gay nerds = good comic

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1120903497350672384

oh my god it never stops I can't loving deal with all this :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1121626028936290304

Well Chair, you are an odd gal, but you do cream a good ice.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Gobolatula posted:

Hehe I'm glad you enjoyed my silly stupid game so much. Honestly I would love an ending to PFM similar to what you described. At the same time, it wouldn't be the right ending either. It's just impossible. The old Pasq simply doesn't exist anymore. Well, he does to me in a sense. The way I sorta coped with the end of IH and Old Pasq going away, as overdramatic as this sounds, is that I realized that Old Pasqualo came back to me and now lives inside my head again. He uses my eyes to watch the glimpses of Pasqualo's life that we get to see.

Though I'm not so sure that's true anymore. These days I don't think of him much. Just the current Pasq. Welp he's gone for real now, I guess! Haha...

The different universes interacting with each other is something I wanted to do since we started PFM. But again, it just wouldn't make sense. That's why I created the nonsensical, non-canon Titty Game universe, so I could play around with that idea and get it out of my system. I consider the game universe to be a similar universe as those holiday specials where the characters talk to us.

I probably won't play around with the idea much anymore, just because I don't wanna overdo it. Plus if I do it much more than I have, I feel like it'd be a disservice to IH's ending. Plus I'm content with PLEASE FORGIVE ME. I love it more than IH these days. poo poo, I actually love Pasqualo this time around, which is new for me, haha.

You say this but there was still the dude coming out of the concrete tree so just admit you're going for the 100% metafictive ending

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Your fanfiction is good, but it'd be great if you'd stop injecting your fart fetish into every story.

please ignore this terrible opinion haver, you should dramatically increase the fart/non-fart ratio of your story so that every other word involves some form of flatulence or description there-of.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
i was definitely not expecting Jen to come back this fast :catstare: :catstare: :catstare:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Hellsau posted:

thanks for mentioning that comic

jesus loving christ that was heavy

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
Honestly it was very uplifting throughout all of it!

but as an official sadbrains haver, jesus loving christ did all of that hit super loving close to home.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
this is way, way too loving real :smith:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
I was talking about that one!

specifically calling myself garbage while going to sleep

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Hellsau posted:

no, he loves and trusts his cock and balls enough to allow them to torture him.

hey if you can figure out how not to be tormented by every whim and fancy of your dong please let me know

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
:stare: Ummm

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Scrree posted:

a little off topic, but, charlotte huh?

(It Hurts!! spoilers) those are Pasqualo's very last thoughts as he finishes making the new universe

are we counting the holiday special?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
:stare:

well, on the one hand, I guess that explains the concrete tree.

So is the big yellow guy parodying something, or is it Pasqualo?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
So is Larry the murderer's punishment to be reincarnated into every person he killed? When the big man touched him he got the same pattern that special agent gross got from being pincushioned.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Gobolatula posted:

Oh it's you! I know you! And I like you too! Thank you for all the kind words.

You don't have to feel like a moron. Both anime parodies I attempted, I quickly let fall apart in favor of something weirder. As for the end of Poopy Doopy (haha), I just went wild with the weirdness.

I'm happy to say, though, that it wasn't just weird for weirdness' sake. It makes sense if you're me and you know what it all means. I'd rather not explain too much right now so you guys can have fun (or just get really angry) trying to make sense of it.

I really got into Twin Peaks and David Lynch's work near the end of IT HURTS, and that inspired me to try my hand at super surreal poo poo. It's so much dang fun making odd looking imagery. And I think weird and funny go hand in hand.

but does poopy doopy fit into the PFM universe? Was it actually Larry that freaked out the girls with the concrete tree?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Death Bot posted:

Stayed up too late last night reading that uhh, road trip comic someone recommended in here

Ow

drop-out?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

ManlyGrunting posted:

Yeah I binged that one in an afternoon for the sake of catharsis during a bad depressive episode and I sent it to my brother saying "yo this pretty much encapsulates the poo poo I've gone through" because I just wanted someone close to me to know who wouldn't institutionalize me. He responded a few days later, I can pretty much describe his reaction as :stare:
Most :sadfan: comics tend to be overwrought and melodramatic but you can tell this one comes from a place of, I don't know, survived pain? Like the wound is healed and it's meditating on the scar and not shying away from both the meltdowns and the quiet moments of pain, while most others tend to focus on one or the other. It also doesn't shy away from real life snapping into focus (like when they took the wrong highway) or the little moments of alleviation and fun that can break depression for a small while (like breaking into the house).

In conclusion it's a hard read but a good one, and I've always liked hard reads now and again.

when her parents called was the biggest gut punch I have ever felt via fiction.

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 00:23 on Jul 5, 2019

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Zerilan posted:

Can someone re-link it?

drop-out?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1153153981260021760

despite being really poo poo at relationships, chair is an extremely accomplished artist

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
the !!/!!! expanded universe

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1159862066141777920

hell loving yes

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Gobolatula posted:

Once I figure out what the hell I'm doing with the Jen story, it'll definitely be a !! expanded universe. While I'm doing my best to keep the past in the past when it comes to IT HURTS, more Jen is something I always wanted to make.

With PFM I've got a fantastic worldbuilder working with me, main-developing and main-writing the series and we plan on showcasing some neat stuff in the comic. We'll probably see and know more of the PFM world than we did of IH's in IH. Whether we'll add to PFM after it's done, who knows? Well, both of us say "no" to that right now, but who knows. I doubt either of us would turn down the thought of a Patience side comic.

yeah but you already started the !!! expanded universe with larry the murderer

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
rip goku hair :smith:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
rip the cool shades

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
but for real, katie has the emotional abuse game locked the gently caress down. girl can inspire suicidal ideation like a school shooting can.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
apparently gob has been busting his rear end on the comic to the point its been interfering with his quality of life :smith:

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1167231156384743424

also theres a new comic

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1167298058461171714

A big flaming stink fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 30, 2019

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

extremely :same:

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
don't worry about it gob. we'll enjoy it when it comes.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Gobolatula posted:

Thanks a lot, guys! I've been doing pretty well mental health-wise lately. But yeah, I've been purposely not spending every moment of my free time drawing comics, which is another reason this is taking some time. When I was drawing IT HURTS, it was almost the only fun hobby I had. These days I do more internet browsing and FFXIV. Those memes and those Moogles. Lemme tell ya...

As for busting my buns to maintain an update schedule, yeah I did that for a while and I found that I was starting to cut corners just to get comics done, rather than actually having fun making silly art. My current arrangement let's me chill out and take my time.

why haven't you joined the goon guild

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Whitenoise Poster posted:

Please ignore all these other posters and quite your job, divorce your wife, abandon your children, uninstall every program that isn't makecomic.exe and dedicate your life to providing me webcomic.

i mean, makecomic.exe is a really loving good program though

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
what,

and I cannot stress this enough,

the actual gently caress

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
am i crazy or does horley have it hurts pasqualo's exact silhouette?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
someone got that r/relationships post where this girl's boyfriend gave her like half a dozen octopi in tanks on her doorstep for her birthday?

and they were like close to death when she found them?

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1195210834013614080

gob wtf are you doing

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
aww, trisssh finally met something that loves murder as much as she does :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
yeah, pasqualo just had aurora's hair color for a panel there. i'm thinking horley shoreley having IH!pasqualo's silhouette is no coincidence indeed.