Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
It Hurts!! was good and so far Please Forgive Me!!! is also good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Android Blues posted:

The impression I got from the end of It Hurts!! was that Pasq recreated the universe so that the new version of him would serve as a replacement for Aurora by being as much like her as humanly possible, mostly erasing his own personality in the process. He felt that Aurora was good, his own personality was fatally flawed, and that the best thing he could do to make a happier world would be to reshape the next version of himself into something as much like Aurora as it was possible for a mundane human to be. Other people seemed to read it as being literally Aurora replacing Pasqualo's "spot" in the universe. I was never clear on which of those was canon though.

I read it as Aurora replacing Pasqualo, because the final comic of It Hurts!! makes it pretty clear that Aurora and Pasqualo can't exist in the same universe as each other because they will always seek each other out and cause the apocalypse, so his solution was to sacrifice himself so that she could live a good life in his place, hopefully not only giving her the chance for a normal and happy existence but also hopefully improving the universe by replacing sadbrains Pasqualo with happy cheerful Pasqrora.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I guess Pasqdad is not permanently tiny, then.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
That latest comic is a work of art.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I was thinking this particular encounter is something more along the lines of It Hurts!! Pasqualo wanting a world where all his friends can be together, and Trisssh counts.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I heard they changed the name to DC because they changed so much that they legally weren't allowed to call them comics anymore

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/058-wassup-mofo/

This comic owns bones

PS Gob you should set up https so I don't have to edit my post five times to get the link to work right

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/059-good-person/

Comic owns

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I know I say this every time a comic comes out but this comic owns.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
One of my favourite recurring bits in these comics is when people (okay let's be honest it's usually Tubsy) do stereotypically cartoony stuff like smash through a door or punch someone's skull out of their head, but then instead of it being a momentary cartoon joke other people are horrified and there are actual consequences.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I'm rereading It Hurts!! and I want to remind you all of one of the best things

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=095-true-rock-spirit

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Woah you guys go check out this old It Hurts from years ago

http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=322-falling-into-the-night

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

dmboogie posted:

i don't get what im supposed to be seeing here :saddowns:

When Aurora comes to visit Pasqualo in his dream in It Hurts, she manifests by splitting off another person from him that looks just like Pasqualo in Please Forgive Me

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This comic is the best

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
http://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/082-murder-tree/

Patience saves the day again!

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
This comic rules :3:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

By the way, who's Grail? Don't remember seeing that name before.

I think she's Gob's wife.

dmboogie posted:

iirc gob and co have mentioned about they're not gonna be pulling the rug out from under us again like in It Hurts!!, comic 100's just gonna be another comic, ect

im glad for it tbh. this universe's baseline weird is already stressful enough for poor pasq

That's just what they would say if they were going to surprise us though!

On the other hand, a slower burn would also be cool.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
lmao this comic owns

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Comic is v good

The more I think about it the more I think whoever it was that posted about how Charlotte has the same colour scheme as Chaos had at the end of It Hurts might be onto something. This whole date experience has felt like an inversion of the Pasq/Aurora relationship from It Hurts, where she loved him unconditionally but in that case he reciprocated. Maybe in this case, because It Hurts Pasq merged himself with Aurora and also, it seems, made sure she wouldn't be romantically interested in others, this time it was a little piece of Chaos that ended up trying to get with Pasq instead, but with a very different result.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Horley Shorley is you, the reader.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
If ever there was a strip to showcase Gob's mastery of facial expressions, this is it.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
RIP chirpy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Gobolatula posted:

I am happy to report that Chirpy escaped.

That's good news, but also, poor Chirpy might have PTSD now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

super sweet best pal posted:

"You'll be stuck with your kids your whole life" is not the same argument as "Your kids won't be able to survive after you're gone".

Pasq: "You act like you're protecting her, but how's she ever going to grow up if you keep her sheltered in your basement all the time? How can she ever go on in the world once you're gone if she's never had any experience with it?"
Pasqdad: "Besides, if you're doing it to keep your kid safe, she'll end up too weird and sheltered to deal with the real world in the future. You'll be taking care of her 'til you're dead."

They're both telling him that he's making his kid unprepared for the real world by sheltering her like that and preventing her from growing up. It's just that Pasq frames that as doing what's best for the kid and Pasqdad frames that as doing what's best for a dad who doesn't like his kids and wants them gone as soon as possible.