Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

My guess is that Pasqualo-that-was created a world that Aurora could be part of, and gave her his place in it to do so. Of course, part of what made Aurora who she was was that she was created for him as a device to make him happy. So even though she's a bright ray of sunshine that isn't brought down by anything, there's still going to be something fundamentally missing from her life that even she doesn't really understand, since she was originally created for a person that now never existed.

I can make origami hats, does that count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

You can totally pick up a tortoise by its shell. Although one that size might be tricky.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I appreciate the way her reflection more resembles Aurora.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Is this a new page I see before me?

Also ketchup goes on hot dogs but only if those hot dogs are made with real sausages and not frankfurters

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Surely there will be *checks notes of funny British words* thrupney bits?

I respect that you used actual slang instead of making something up.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

counterponit: nobody can like Pasqualo without magical universe bullshit (or at least the IH pasq)

Katie did.

Part of the whole spiel at the end was that before it all happened he was a pretty normal guy with pretty normal problems and he could have just gone to therapy rather than end the world. He was never fundamentally broken or unlovable or anything. No reason for this Pasq to be any different there.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Her mom is Obtusangelo.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

T-man posted:

... wait, does this imply the Holocaust never happened in this world? gj pasq

It is a subject broached by Anne Frank's diary. Her family was hunted by the nazis, but she also had normal preteen problems. She wasn't exactly writing for an audience.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I look forward to Katie kicking someone's shin and their skeleton explodes.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

The pace of PFM is brisk enough that it could easily handle being twice or even once weekly, in my opinion, without feeling like it drags.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Horley Shorley is a special and precious boy person entity.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah Horley Shorley, sweet precious boy that he is, appears to be the Big Thing for this chapter.

Someone compared him to a dream earlier, and that really fits. His appearance is more an idea stitched together from other concepts than an actual look. His speech is pretty garbled but everyone understands it. They have memories of him that never happened. It's all very dreamlike, except he's actually there.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Thus concludes the chapter about that strange girl, Melanie.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Tubsy is a good dude but doesn't seem to actually help very much.

It might be relevant that in It Hurts!!, the post-apocalypse scenario built specifically for Pasqualo had Tubsy die immediately, even if that wan't what Pasq wanted.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

That's not necessarily a sign of romantic feelings. Pasqualo and Ally, in both iterations, were very close friends of the sort that could settle down and live a life together.

I'm running under the theory that Aurora was created specifically to be an ideal girlfriend for Pasq, and is now in a universe where the guy she was made for doesn't exist, so romance as a whole doesn't make sense to her. She was made to love and be loved by someone that just isn't there.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Filthy Haiku posted:

I want to play diminishing returns

Eh, the first game is fun but it gets less good each time you play it.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Itall is cute, I like her

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Guess who's back!

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1414436583567097857

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Pasqualo makes a webcomic? What a dork