Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
"PASQUALO'S loving LUNCH"

Oh man, we're gonna see Obtuseangelo again real soon, I can feel it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Man, at first I thought that guy having two faces was to depict him looking back and forth really fast; only now is it apparent that he's literally two-faced.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

What does the actual waveform sound like?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Mark's face in the last two panels would make a great av, esp. if somebody animated his frown turning upside-down.

cant cook creole bream posted:

I guess Mark is a sociopath who latches onto something and gets incredibly obsessed with it for the rest of his life.
His character isn't really different at all. Just his motivation.

You can always count on him being a master chess player, too.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gobolatula posted:

Ah, he's fine.

I don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed (in the sense of "it'd be loving nuts if he died in his second strip", not out of dislike towards Mark).

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Literally Kermit posted:

Pretty sure Pasq's dad is mixing himself up some Flaming Homers Moes Obtuseangelos, which continues to show his finer, vastly understated qualities.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

The title is just a constant apology from you towards its lack of actual in-story significance, right?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Titty World bug: Gob you forgot to make the craters' souls in the mansion fixed graphics; they change appearance completely if you approach them in any direction but the right. You probably shouldn't even bother uploading a new version to fix that since it fits with the janky nature of the game (maybe that was the point??).

Also PFM Pasqualo imagining herself skating with IH Pasqualo is adorable :kimchi:

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Either that's there because Gob and Josef's magnum opus fishing arc is in this chapter, or some poo poo's gonna hit the fan soon (probably both).

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

I love this stupid comic so much.

Harmony mentioned the "beacons of heaven" going out alongside the flames of hell

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Who What Now posted:

When did Pasqualo lose her pink hair stripe?

Since the start of this weekend.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This whole series is like a fever dream and I love it.

For a while Gob was tweeting that he came to utterly hate it, and I was worried that he would abandon it right after introducing the best character, Hatred F. Johnson.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Cue psilocybin trip.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

TwoPair posted:

Kinda hosed that Ally determined she actually needed help and got it while Pasq stays the same. Hopefully she doesn't, oh say, wish for the perfect boyfriend and begin the cycle of apocalyptic Pasqualos again.

She doesn't need to wish for a perfect boyfriend, Horley Shorley has been right beside her this whole time (??).

The line in panel 2 is incredible in the range of emotion that it evokes, including horror especially; amazing work, Josef

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Nov 11, 2019

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

violent sex idiot posted:

everyone just ignoring that pasqualo clearly has goku hair

Nah, that was last chapter.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

The next story arc is going to be several sizable multi-page strips, and Gob is going to take a break between each one. I find that alarming given the events that unfolded in-universe the last time the release schedule was like that :ohdear:

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Title for PFM!!! sequel revealed

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

thechosenone posted:

As I said, it might just be me. I thought there was some odd picture of Ally and pasq living at a barn in IT. Was that a thing at all? I could swear someone dug up a picture that had been blurred in the comic proper.

Edit: and even if there were other things going on im also all aboard the 'pasq has sad brains' train.

http://www.gobolatula.com/ithurts/unblur2.png

From this strip: http://gobolatula.com/ithurts/?comic=402-the-best-i-could-do

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1224122495369797632?s=20

Just realized the pun behind "Superb Owl" and now I'm disappointed that I have to wait a whole year for more two-Pasqualo shenanigans :(

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gobolatula posted:

And it's definitely the case that I haven't been able to keep up a decent pace drawing. My job has been kicking my rear end lately and I've been having to do overtime and work weekends and dumb stuff like that.

Oh man, can I relate. I'm student teaching now, and it depresses me at times that I can't do anything creative without it eating into time I should spend on school stuff; things might get better once I finish this huge assessment, but we'll see. I'm glad that you seem to enjoy doing PFM as much as we all enjoy reading it; draw as slow as you need.

Looking forward to whatever fun stuff you have planned!

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

I'm happy we finally get to meet Obtuseangelo's horrifying mother, but seeing more of the Trianglini family just gets me itching for more Twin Pasqs.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Llab posted:

You have been granted a terrible power.

No kidding -- I was even wondering if Jenny was the mom of both Pasqs! I'm so happy she called IH-Pasq "lil bud" :3:

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1236400765012291584?s=20

The cheapest rates of any butler out there.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

The clown is from Erik the Juiceman. Makes sense for EtJM and PFM!!! to take place in the same universe if Erik and Bob were in Hell, I guess.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

https://twitter.com/cantfinddaisy/status/1270393234213105664?s=20

Speaking of Twitter, Gob -- I got into Beach House because I replayed your RPG Maker project back in November and thought "huh, this music is actually pretty neat" and then went to the final strip of It Hurts!! to see which song was linked to in the final comic. "Days of Candy" made me cry in bed that night, and then I felt kind of depressed for a couple of days because it resonated with me way too much. This was also around the time that this PFM!!! strip came out, and Pasq's intense self-criticism of her mistakes and issues with friends getting into a relationship were also something that I could relate to. "Days of Candy" to this day is my favorite Beach House song, but I can't get into it unless I'm in that depressive spiral mode.

Thanks for introducing me to Beach House; it helped me get through some of the more difficult times during a challenging part of my life. I listened to Bloom a lot during my morning trips to the school where I student taught, and that 1-2 punch of "Myth" and "Wild" helped give me the momentum needed to make that lengthy walk and remain in a good mood afterward.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Ballz posted:

:siren: NEW TWIN PASQS :siren:

I don't think the previous page was shared in the thread:
https://twitter.com/gobolatula/status/1266884393919905793?s=20

Love the little detail of the strip she's considering cancelling being about the "penguin triplets".

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Jul 4, 2020

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

It's been six years since Ally was owned this hard.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gob, I'm happy to see the latest updates, and I'm also happy that you're both taking your time in making them and using shortcuts where appropriate (I love how low-detail the ABDF mooks become in the background -- they fit the art style and universe of the story perfectly!).

With that said... when are we gonna see more Twin Pasqs?!

jk, love you dude and I look forward to each update. I've got a week off work so I'm celebrating by drinking, drawing, and playing guitar

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

"TRIANGLINI. I am here to collect the 20 bucks your father owes me."

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

A Misfits T-shirt would be fine for Obtuseangelo's funeral. Hell, he probably would have that as standard attire and might crawl out of his grave pissed at everybody dressing formally (top-hats are fine; please pour 40s on Dr. Trianglini's grave).

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

He is the best boy. 13/10

That drawing reminds me a little of IH!! Obtuseangelo's paintings. We never saw his PFM!!! equivalent paint...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

I feel like we've had reference to Obtusangelo's mother before but I can't remember when.

https://gobolatula.com/pfm/comic/152-hamburger-hindererererer/

Pasq has also said to somebody (Ally, probably) "You can pose as my cousin Isocelita" in the past, but I forget when and what context.