Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

subtle marketing for Gob's new line of BUTT shirts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i liked the old Hank better

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

So, then it is wrong. The whole basis of Katie's cynical theory is that basic kindness is inherently shallow and thus meaningless, which is demonstrably incorrect.

But really, this isn't about Pasq, it's about Katie's inability to form basic connections because of her own bitterness. A bitterness which isn't any more or less shallow than Pasq's niceness, because honestly most of her "deep cynical thoughts" aren't exactly routed in reality and are pretty much her own insecurities reflected back at her (like most middle school angst).

it doesn't need to work as some kind of universal social commentary. She doesn't want to be part of Pasq's stable cause she views her as kind of an inconsiderate emotional vampire, and instead of taking "no" for an answer Pasqualo is doing the inconsiderate emotional vampire thing of following her around harassing her nonstop to be "friends". Other people are not, like, factually wrong broken misanthropes or frigid bitches or whatever cause stalking and catcalling doesn't make them want to be in whatever relationship with you you demand.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Feb 12, 2019

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

There's no kindness involved here, basic or otherwise. Remembering someone's birthday is not a substitute for treating them like a person and doesn't make whatever you do to them 'kind'. That's the point, it's not an indictment of remembering birthdays in itself as some kind of evil act.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Feb 13, 2019

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

i want to hear this song so goddamn bad

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Horley has been present from the first page of the comic; where he's not visible it's typically because the panel's framing places him behind the 'fourth wall' in the room with the reader

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 19, 2019

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

a sign of utmost portent is usually what gets me going to LJS too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

A big flaming stink posted:

she's also right that its extremely crass to ask a woman if she ever hosed a dead man

I mean, he would have still been alive at the time