Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Gnoman posted:

That's what I get for skimming the descriptions. That was an error that I have now fixed.

Ohhh, I thought it might be a RP thing. "Something odd with that family, can't quite put my finger on it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Place
May 25, 2008
To celebrate the promise of a kitchen, I have written a song. I wrote it for our chef, but cleverly included violence, so that it will be popular with any and all:

The skunk, it was dead
but uncommon cross
Megane bit its head
to show it who's boss

If I feel a fright
O'er terrible ghosts
I'll just take a bite
of a plump helmet roast

I take my roast burned
and wet in the middle
but not too wet
with a side of plump helmet
and a side of plump helmet
and a wine, thank you

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Dwarf me as Yeol. It's a good thing this is a cursed area and I feel it's too much bullshit to deal with, otherwise I might have been tempted to volunteer for overseer and I really don't have the time for that right now.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Already a philosopher. Time to churn out -books-

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Mar 10, 2018

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

i'll play for a year.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Dwarf me! If possible, something that involves working with my hands, such as a metalsmith or a craftsdwarf of some kind.

Kristopher
Jun 28, 2006

Gnoman posted:

Osroct, a ranger and dancer

Aww, yeah. Time to smash some skelebones!

I figure I re-kill about 4 zombies before I join them.

Fuubi
Jan 18, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Dwarf me. Fuubi the doctor or axedwarf at your service!

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

12 Malachite
Now we are fighting zombie cockatiels. This is getting silly.

16 Galena
We spotted a zombie cockatiel while moving meat. We seem to have fallen into some sort of trance, for we did not move for hours until somebody was smart enough to ring the alarm bell.

1 Limestone
Autumn has come, with little to report. We’ve dug a room to serve as a dining hall, and we’ll start bulding some tables.

14 Limeston
A caravan is here. I do not know how it found us, but it is quite welcome.

16 Limestone
The liason’s trade proposal is somewhat concerning, due to the high price they are willing to pay for battle axes. In response, I ordered great amounts of metal.

17 Limestone
The caravan had little metal, but massive quantities of food, drink, and cloth. I purchased all of it, along with several bits of armor, books, papers, and anvils. I had to trade away many of DivineCoffeBinge’s finest creations for this, but more will soon be made.

6 Sandstone
More dwarves have come here. These are not members of our expedition, so we seem to be an official colony now.

They are:
Hitler’s Gay Secret, a cook and brewer

His wive, FrenzyTheKillbot, who will join the ranks of our army

Epsilon Moonshade, a legend among weaponsmiths

His wife, u brexit ukip it, a farmer and spearwoman

Idhrendure, a metalcrafter that dabbles in poetry

Air is lava, a brilliant stonecrafter that is also a skilled potter

And boisterous, who will learn the art of smoothing and carving stone

Gnoman fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 10, 2018

McGibby
Jan 27, 2009

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Dwarf Me, please.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Man, that eerily sounds like me. :tinfoil: Especially the "needs alcohol to get through the day".

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Dorf me! I would prefer to be a lowly dirtsmith, if possible. Trying to grow food from horrible ground.

Vinny Possum
Sep 21, 2015

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Urist me up. I'm not picky about profession or gender.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Epsilon Moonshade and Air is Lava regaled us about their lives before heading to Valleysilences one night. They were both very drunk and trying to one up each other, but while details were vague their skills tell the truth of their words. Well, at least most of their words.

Epsilon Moonshade (Nil Degerith), creator of Strifehairs, a bronze spear:

and Air is Lava (Lorbam Idturel), the creator of Fondledwears the Ace Embrace, a really nice drinking mug:

M_Gargantua fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 10, 2018

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
2017, huh? Heh.

Anyway, I'll take a dorfing. I always lacked the skills or patience to survive in terrifying biomes, at least after the military overhaul. (I never could quite get the new system working effectively, despite all the help I was given. I kind of miss making champion wrestlers before handing them a weapon)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Eternally wrestling an undead creature was a great way to build up a champion.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

12 Sandstone
I noticed the smell of lava was unusually strong this morning, and was horrified to find it pouring down the hall to the garbage dump, Apparently the miners misread the plans, and stopped the shaft one level deep. We were hours from destroying the entire fort.

1 Moonstone
We’ve built a library at this site of power. As soon as it neared readiness, a wandering scholar decided to pay it a visit.

Soon, the magma forge and smelter will be operational. I think it may be time to start digging prospecting shafts.
25 Opal
The miners in the prospecting tunnel have struck silver. In celebration, I ordered that space for a second magma forge be dug out.

1 Granite 565
The new year has come, and I am very tired. I think I will step down as leader, so I have once again copied Tunicate’s notes into this record.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-12788-valleysilences
In addition, I will also make a few notes on the fortress as it sits.

This is the main floor of the fort. The stockpile south of the trade depot is a “catchall” stockpile that was initially established to get everything inside quickly. It is now being emptied for more specialized stockpiles.
The two stockpiles north of the depot are for finished goods and raw food.

Inward of the depot, you can see our dormitory. Some of the residents are getting annoyed at the lack of individual quarters, but it works well enough. Further inward are some of the basic workshops, with appropriate stockpiles nearby. To the north, you can see the magma channel that wasn’t supposed to be there.

This is the second floor. There’s not much going on here yet, just a dining hall and a library. Beneath the dining hall are stockpiles for prepared meals and drinks. The stairway to the east leads to mining tunnels.

And that is year one done. M_Gargantua is next to the plate.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
Dwarf me, please! I’ll be anything.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Dwarf me, anything.

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016
Dorf me, preferably doing some labor that doesn't involve much physical exertion or going outside or into the caverns. I might also be up for a turn as an overseer, though it's been a while since I last played so I'm gonna have to familiarize myself with some of the new stuff that's been added.

Boksi fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 10, 2018

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Dorf me. No preference.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Dorf me as a cook please!

Arban
Aug 28, 2017
Dorf me as whatever

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
Dwarf me as the most useless colonist you get.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Dwarf me make me an axdorf so i can die gloriously pathetically!

Nuramor
Dec 13, 2012

Most Amewsing Prinny Ever!
Dorf me as anything.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Dwarf me! Very excited to see another Dwarf Fortress LP.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Gnoman posted:

Air is lava, a brilliant stonecrafter that is also a skilled potter

Hey. I'm useful :v:

M_Gargantua posted:

and Air is Lava (Lorbam Idturel), the creator of Fondledwears the Ace Embrace, a really nice drinking mug:

And I know what's really important!

Is there any information on the gods? Because Vesh Puzzlinglanced the Jackal of Gorging sounds great.

clockwork chaos
Sep 15, 2009

Dwarf me up! I enjoy reading df LPs but I could never wrap my head around actually playing it

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

clockwork chaos posted:

Dwarf me up! I enjoy reading df LPs but I could never wrap my head around actually playing it
Same here, including a request to be dwarfed. Preferably as a soldier or craftsdwarf.

Dr. Tough
Oct 22, 2007

Dwarf me, I'll gladly get killed by a rampaging spleen or something.

Werewhale
Aug 10, 2013
Ooh, the first time I manage to catch one of these from the start. Please dwarf me!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Dorf me! I want to be a soldier or something.

turol
Jul 31, 2017
Signing up for dwarfing.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes
Dwarf me! Any dwarf will do

Dallbun
Apr 21, 2010
Dwarf me if you please.

I'm happy that there's an LP using a newer version of DF; I'm looking forward to seeing what great works of literature will end up in our library.

Tiocfaidh Yar Ma
Dec 5, 2012

Surprising Adventures!
Dwarf me, sir.

I had a feeling thre was gonna be a DF LP if I looked. Just had a feeling.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

My dwarf is amazing. You've gotta bite skeletons to death because, obviously, teeth are the only thing they respect.

Cyflan
Nov 4, 2009

Why yes, I DO have enough CON to whip my hair.

Dorf me please! I'm okay with any kind of dorf.

And man, always love reading DF threads.
Wish I was any good at this game, but I always run out of patience to learn how to play it after a while.
Oh well, maybe next time I try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I desire to be dwarfed