Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I don't really watch chess stuff usually, but the start of this tournament I noticed on twitch (chessbrah guys), and they're easily the best commentators for someone who doesn't really follow a ton of high level chess. They rely much less on using the name references for stuff and more on just explaining while showing moves, and keeping the current board on the side I found a tremendous help while they explore potential moves. Like it gives an anchor I can reference when they start going a bit fast. That and Yasser has a great personality.

It might also help that this tournament seems to have a lot fewer draws than expecting, and even a lot of those seemed pretty hard fought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

I think Ding has a ton of pressure on him from home as well, but also I think it seems like he thinks the rest of the field is better, so when he's got a winning position he gets too eager and flubs it, but when he is down he digs in really tenaciously. I've enjoyed several of his games where he has clawed a draw out of who knows where. He's also only 25!

• Locked thread