Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I can't wait to crack this game open later this week.
I've heard criticism of 4 just being more of 3 and I don't see how that's an issue.

Just Cause 3 was just a more refined 2 and THAT was the best action game of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

My stupid game will hang for 5 seconds at random intervals.
Drivers updated, game integrity is fine.

Any known cause?

Edit: On PC

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The sound of patting Boomer's belly to wake him up is perfect.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I killed Jacob by running over and punching him.
A single punch. No bullets or explosions. Wtf.
The resulting cutscene where he is bloody and dying was super weird.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kidnapping:

This could have been really interesting if, as soon as you're marked, it would send escalating threats against you until you finally lost. Make you actually fight for your life against an insurmountable force and make them really feel like a threat.

Instead, the last time Jacob got me I was in a helicopter and my lady just looks down and sees a dart in her leg.
I guess Hurk and the bow lady managed to land it fine but not get captured???

That whole mechanic is like having a bad GM in DnD. Technically they let you do whatever you want but will always force you into a plot point no matter what.

Oh you didn't investigate the castle? Well someone working for the Dead King kidnaps you in your sleep and forces uou inside. No reason he'd know about you and even less reason he wouldn't just kill you.
PLOT!

At least the Seeds believe you're and instrument for their doomsday prophecy. Thry just want to break you into sumbmission to make it happen... but they also think the violence you are causing will lead to their goal so...

this story loving blows.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Noctone posted:

I'd gladly pay $40 for it if it's basically just a reskinned FC5 that's lets me actually have a chaos sandbox to play around in.

I'd do it for $20-30 probably. Since I paid full price for FC5 (on the promise it was all about murdering white supremacists) and was really let down, ya gotta balance the scales.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Wolfsheim posted:

This looks gorgeous as hell but after FC5 I feel like I need to see if any lessons were learned lol

Yeah, I always have fun with FC but maybe as $30 games.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ubisoft reflexively saying the don't make any political statements with their games is such hilarious cowardice.

Discendo Vox posted:

I continue to think these games would be more interesting with a core gameplay mechanic other than gun combat.

Try Primal?
Or play like me, bows, explosive and sneak kills only. I don't think guns are interesting at all.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. i am cool with some just wadling around jungles and cities and trying to sneak/bullshit my way past stuff.

Agreed. I'm hoping for more of that in Dying Light 2, since it takes place in a more dense city this time.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is New Dawn worth the $10-20?
I loved 4 and tolerated 5. I just want that type of game with more bright colors.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Hey BTW, New Dawn is a cool $5 on Epic with the coupon. Get the deluxe version to be eligible.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Man, I'm really liking New Dawn so far.
They did a great job with a lot of stuff but one thing I love is the attention to secondary and background animations.

The scene where the Twins give the kid a live grenade was horrifying. So much that the kid pees his pants. I don't normally go for that but it sure is realistic.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

KirbyKhan posted:

And then they used it afterwards. I got like 2 settlement beats into the game and what they did with the Montana map in New Dawn was just jaw droppingly pretty.

I think New Dawn is my favorite FC game. I just did the big Seed mission and assume I'm closing in to the end of the game. It hasn't overstayed its welcome, grinding the expeditions is fun and now I have godsamn superpowers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I've still never played New Dawn, I think I was burnt out after playing 5. But now I'm replaying 5 I'm surprised at how much fun I'm having with it.

I finished ND the other day and liked it a lot. The only thing that irked me was how often the companions talked. Like, I love you Hurk but you need to shut the gently caress up about your beautiful arms.

Dog and pig supremacy.