Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
This looks gorgeous as hell but after FC5 I feel like I need to see if any lessons were learned lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Deakul posted:

I still can't believe how bad 5's season pass was, it was advertised as totally off the wall poo poo and it was actually all garbage that they probably made in a month.

People hate on the Mars one but the zombie one takes a cute idea (bad horror movie pitches as setpiece action sequences) took out the best part of FC5's combat (being sneaky and tactical and rolling up on bases) and made it an absolutely terrible horde mode with bullet sponges and limited ammo. It was like anti-fun.

The Vietnam one is almost better than the main game because it's like a miniature version of it with no bad monologues, and New Dawn is a huge improvement also.

Is FC6 supposed to take place in the past or are they just gonna pretend the apocalypse didn't happen? I assumed like all other Ubi series they keep a loose canon running but destroying your setting is kind of limiting so I wonder if they address it at all.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Earwicker posted:

do the games even take place in one shared universe? i thought they were all completely disconnected stories/worlds. i cant think of any kind of overarching far cry story or "canon"

Haven't Hurk and the piss tape guy appeared in multiple games?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Fame Douglas posted:

lmao @ "shared universe"

Marvel garbage has really broken peoples' brains.

Does a Biden stan really have room to talk lol

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

can't remember where I saw it but there was interview where one of the devs mentioned that FC6 will have some nods to other games and is more less in the same universe but there's basically no way to tell the story they wanted to tell if the end of FC5 is canon so let's just pretend that never happened

See I always like to see how they awkwardly try to reconcile or retcon these things, like how much they struggled to make the narrative make sense in AC between Desmond dying and the newer games, or how they awkwardly shoved the grim dark WD1 protagonist into the wacky millennial hacker prank game of WD2 for a weird side mission.

Other than just never setting another game after FC5 on the timeline it seems impossible so I was wondering if they were setting it earlier, pretending FC5 was someone's fever dream, using the 'walk away' ending or just ignoring it entirely:shrug:

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

https://kotaku.com/heres-goldeneye-007-remade-from-the-ground-up-in-far-cr-1847040225

Is this enough to get me to reinstall FC5? Maybe...maybe.

The Far Cry Arcade thing always seemed like a cool idea that never really got off the ground. I didn't play it much because for every cool, well-balanced or interesting level there was five garbage maps slapped together but the potential was there. It kinda reminds me of Hitman's contracts mode in that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

I liked New Dawn way more than FC5 but it shares its predecessors penchant for a couple absolutely god-awful boss fights, including the final ones