Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
Episode titles

3.01 - Fight Or Flight
3.02 - IFF
3.03 - Assured Destruction
3.04 - Reload
3.05 - Triple Point
3.06 - Immolation
3.07 - Delta-V
3.08 - The Investigator
3.09 - Aberrations
3.10 - Dandelion Sky
3.11 - Objects In Motion
3.12 - Congregation
3.13 - ??? (lol it's gonna be Abaddon's Gate)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
Cibola burn has about as much plot as a pretty good Stargate 2-parter (and I say this as someone who likes that book more than I probably should) so I can't see it taking up a whole season.

this season probably ends with Holden's vision of the alien civ dieing and the 2nd slowdown

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007

Eiba posted:

I mean, Dandelion Sky is episode 10. We'll be getting some slow zone here. Heck, I'm kind of wondering if they can compress all the important bits of Abbadon's Gate into 6 episodes (starting with "Investigator") and they probably could. Depending on how many seasons they think they'll get they could wrap up an abbreviated Abbadon's Gate this season, and skip straight into Nemesis Games to get to the juicy stuff quicker.

An episode earlier I think, "Delta-V" is probably gonna feature the slingshotter shooting the ring and getting turned into paste

e: i'm unreasonably excited that they named an episode Dandelion Sky

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
Probably get through the slow zone disaster and open the gates up.
I'm basing that on this tweet

https://twitter.com/JamesSACorey/status/995068740453584896

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
The UNN also lost a ton of ships in the Battle of Io IIRC

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007

Lord Hydronium posted:

I think the fact that it hits a visible "wall" also helps to visualize that it's suddenly decelerating (and that everyone by the ring can see what's happening; I forget how they know about the deceleration thing in the book).

I think they just had his datastream from the ship showing the deceleration, but it's been a while.

IIRC you can't 'see' though a ring into the slow zone but can the opposite way

kerwyn fucked around with this message at 04:17 on May 24, 2018

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
The space around the ring was warped looking, like gravitational lensing or some poo poo, so they're at least at the event horizon or whatever. And the Y Que clearly passed thorugh. I'm thinking that they've just changed the nature of the slow zone slightly so they can space out the holy poo poo what the gently caress is that?!? reveals a bit.

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
Apparently the first draft of whichever episode he gets spiked to the wall in s1 he died in, and they changed it because Abraham and Frank were like "uh, he comes back later"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kerwyn
Aug 21, 2007
I had heard 7, and they planned to adapt all 9 books

kerwyn fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jun 25, 2018

• Locked thread