Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i love peanut butter and chocolate but they use some weird kind of bad peanut butter in those and it makes me hate all candy when i am tricked into eating it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
settle down beavis

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Dongslayer. posted:

settle down beavis

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the worst kind besides pumpkin

:wrong:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i am willing to don the heavy mantle of M&Ms Stymie

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sham bam bamina! posted:

i love peanut butter and chocolate but they use some weird kind of bad peanut butter in those and it makes me hate all candy when i am tricked into eating it

u need to go to the tongue doctor because something is very obviously wrong here.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

President Beep posted:

u need to go to the tongue doctor because something is very obviously wrong here.

Can confirm that Peanut Butter M&Ms are both good and cool, far surpassing (in both peanut butter and chocolate quality) their nearest equivalent, the Reese's Piece.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Schadenboner posted:

Can confirm that Peanut Butter M&Ms are both good and cool, far surpassing (in both peanut butter and chocolate quality) their nearest equivalent, the Reese's Piece.

:hai::hf::hai:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Sometimes when boxes of cheeseits are on sale I buy a few of them a re-bake them with a butter/tabasco/worcestershire blend along with whatever other crunchy stuff was cheap

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

Sometimes when boxes of cheeseits are on sale I buy a few of them a re-bake them with a butter/tabasco/worcestershire blend along with whatever other crunchy stuff was cheap

holy poo poo. piss.

that sounds good.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Photo tutorial please.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

My dad would do something similar before hunting or fishing trips. Can confirm this is pro tier snacking. He would include Crispex, pretzels, pecans, peanuts, and cheerios as well.

I have been craving this forever, i need to get off my rear end and make some.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

i recently discovered the magic that is adding hot sauce and seasoning to unpopped popcorn while it simmers in the frypan

do it

just throw whatever random poo poo you want in there, small quantities, suss it out and perfect your own magic

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

Salt Fish posted:

Photo tutorial please.

Step 0: be a disgusting sack of poo poo
Step 1: wait for cheeseit boxes to be on sale for $1

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

frying pan for popcorn? how are things in 1879? the future is poo poo.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

kinda hard to pour hot sauce into an air popper

also our air popper is really noisy and sprays unpopped kernels everywhere because my poperating system is a piece of poo poo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

my poperating system is a piece of poo poo

heh

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I just can't visualize these steps without photos. Can you take a quick selfie of yourself being bored waiting around?

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Salt Fish posted:

I just can't visualize these steps without photos. Can you take a quick selfie of yourself being bored waiting around?

turn ur monitor off

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

check and check what is step 2

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I usually do a butter:tobasco:worchershire ratio something like 4:4:1 and then throw in whatever additional dry seasoning that tickles your fancy like onion/garlic powder. Trader Joe's everything bagel seasoning can be good too but has a lot of added salt so only use that if your dry stock has a lot of no-salt added stuff.

then just mix it up with your dry goods and bake on sheets @ 350 for maybe 30min or until they start getting crispy

pull out of oven and begin eating before it cools, burning your mouth. make sure to eat the over-saturated pieces first

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Trader Joe's everything bagel seasoning

love this stuff

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Ah, the smoker's hot sauce

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I don't really give a poo poo what you use but it should be thin and you need a lot of it

HoboMan
Nov 4, 2010

tapatio then

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
They got rid of the guy with the drinking problem. It was necessary and the best available option but I find one of my boss' crowing about it unseemly. :sigh:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
goondolences on being laid off

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

pram posted:

goondolences on being laid off

lol, but also he was fire,d "for drinking" = "for cause"

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Schadenboner posted:

They got rid of the guy with the drinking problem. It was necessary and the best available option but I find one of my boss' old crowing about it unseemly. :sigh:

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

rancid meat waste as a service

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

flakeloaf posted:

rancid meat waste as a service

dsyp

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

curses, self-owned again

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
lol

I once made jerky with some fat in it, but did follow some precautions (keeping it refrigerated). I brought it in to work; some coworkers liked the pieces with fat, some liked the pieces without. Eating the fatty pieces was definitely rolling the dice but the payout was pretty good imo and nobody got sick :shrug:

one coworker got really hype about jerky and bought a kit similar to mine, which had a "jerky gun" (fill it with ground meat, extrude out strips)

he then made some jerky from ground beef, failed to season/cure/dry it adequately, and gave himself food poisoning. He swore off of homemade jerky with exactly zero understanding of the food safety differences between using slices of meat and formed ground meat.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

prisoner of waffles posted:

he then made some jerky from ground beef

:gonk: jesus christ

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

flakeloaf posted:

lmao. tbh, i'd at least try it though.

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.

flakeloaf posted:

I mean what with the jerky gun they really are encouraging people to make jerky from ground beef and I'm sure that their instructions and seasoning packets could make it safe

and you can totally buy Jerky-Like Products at a convenience store that are made from chopped and formed meat (made under industrial conditions, natch)

but following instructions was not this dude's strong suit and a heavy dose of (name of spice omitted) alone could not make up for all the other food safety failure

President Beep posted:

lmao. tbh, i'd at least try it though.

not if u knew my coworker hahaha

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i mean you could safely make jerky from ground beef if you started with a chunk of meat and ground it yourself and cured it properly.

not sure why you'd want to, since the tough fibrous nature of jerky is imo the whole reason to eat it, but to each their own i guess

i keep seeing these bags of jerky at the gas station labeled "extra soft and tender" and poo poo like that. i bought one once and the stuff was just falling apart and crumbling. like it's meant for old toothless grandmas or something. i suppose that's also the appeal that the fatty jerky had to goons. i don't understand it. jerky should be roughly the consistency of shoe leather

Sagebrush fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jun 14, 2018

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

I like it made from flank steak, relatively thin flat pieces, dryer and chewier than most store bought. Use lower heat when dehydrating, soy sauce, liquid smoke, brown sugar, pepper for marinade.

Cowboy style jerky is similar but hard to find in store.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

About my neck was hung.
Best jerkies I made were from jerk marinade (the NYT's jerk chicken marinade recipe) and then a orange juice, lemon zest, cayenne, and paprika marinade I jokingly called 'jerky "master cleanse"'

• Locked thread