Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

You should try reading Armada, Cline's sophomore book, in which he has to try at every turn to describe things which the audience is not familiar with without having handy 80's references to fall back on.

Does he actually try to do that? I'm pretty sure he does the exact same thing. "They looked like the drop ships from Avatar or Edge of Tomorrow!"

Suppose that's not an 80s reference, but certainly not him trying to be evocative on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice
Why are requisition droids needed when ammo teleports into your gun as its needed?

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Aston posted:

This isn't really related to Ready Player One except that it reminded me of this scene and it's driving me crazy trying to remember where it's from: someone is playing an arcade game, and they realise the creator was really into Rush and playing to the same rhythms as in a Rush song lets them get the high score. Any ideas?

That's Cline's other book, Armada.

• Locked thread