Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I’m picturing a really smug King Kong just sitting in the middle of narrow street, leaning against one building, feet just narrowly not ripping the awning they’re balanced on across the road, blithely ignoring engines revving and honking while he sips on a water tower’s worth of Ecto Cooler. People would attempt to emulate this on other worlds to where “Kong blocking” would be a frustrating OASIS meme.

Why is every silly idea we come up with more fun than a single idea Kline managed?

Because Kline thinks that playing a lich in a lovely arcade game is the height of tension or that references are the height of comedy. It also doesn't help that his understanding of geek culture and the internet tapered off at the early 2000s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

It is kinda weird that he didn't make any reference to Nintendo though. Maybe it's because he was in his mid-teens when the NES came out but it was a much bigger deal during the 80s than the 2600 was.
There was actually a particularly painful reference when Wade was listing off all the poo poo that he (and of course Cline) likes and he just randomly drops Beds are Burning by Midnight Oil into it. That actually made me hyper focus on that reference because there's no loving way that he knows what that song is all about let alone any of their discography. At the very least he could have made a joke about the frontman being a poo poo politician but nope.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Young Freud posted:

I think I've joked that we should be seeing at least one [Your Name] The Hedgehog OC character. I'm pretty sure that would be considered parody and wouldn't actually be infringement because it's not actually Sonic.

It's such an obvious joke but apparently copyright doesn't exist in the Oasis so you don't need an OC when you can just be Sonic.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

Cline couldn't figure out how to incorporate after bringing it up once.

Kind of a running theme it seems

• Locked thread