Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I skipped the Nintendo 64 and I've never gone back and revisited the games. I want to go back and catch what I missed. What should I play? My list so far:

Mario 64
Ocarina of Time
Majora's Mask
Ogre Battle 64

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

goferchan posted:

My dad took me to buy an N64 game when I was a kid and I wanted Harvest Moon 64 but he said it looked like a "girl's game" and suggested I get Clayfighter 63 1/2 instead
It's weird that you and bob3 have the same dad.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

all the wrestling games on 64 were badass.
One of my cousins had some WWF game or another on his N64 and we spent tons of time making custom characters.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

Maybe it's changed since I last tried it but Paper Mario emulation was really really bad. Which is a shame bc it's such an amazing game
That'll suck, but I got Thousand Year Door working great with a program that will load disc images like they're GC discs on the Wii, so I at least have that.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Nintendont? It owns because you can use virtual memory cards too and it even works on Wii U
Yeah. And you can do all the homebrewing a Wii does on a Wii U because it all works in the virtual Wii, I just had an old Wii sitting around in my closet and decided to use it, since it's easier to hook GC controllers to.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Cobalt Viper posted:

We should shift the topic to GameCube emulation since that's loving black magic and all the games run at 1080p 60fps on like a pentium 3. Let's hear all those great GameCube games.

Go ahead, I could use GC recs too.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Fungah! posted:

metal gear solid: twin snakes if you want to play a way easier metal gear solid ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Milkman posted:

dolphin is a better run software project than most commercial stuff i have to use let alone open source
It's insanely good. The emulators for Wii aren't that great, but they mostly work. Nowhere near the support of PC emulators.

• Locked thread