Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

evilweasel posted:

he's pro choice when it comes to the law

Which, you know... makes him technically pro-choice who just chooses "no". As I like to explain to pro-life people in my life.

Catholic "personally pro-life but politically pro-choice" people are a big presence in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Bullfrog posted:

This CNN coverage is more stressful than the needle

Its because John King plays with the big board too much and jumps around from county to county making the numbers jump radically all over the place.

John King is a bastard and the CNN big board is evil. MSNBC big board and Jacob Soboroff 4eva.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

nine-gear crow posted:

Steve Kornaci is the reigning Big Board Wizard of cable news. Everyone else is merely a pretender.

Yeah, thats my bad. I confused nerdy MSNBC white dudes and ruined the gag.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

That’s hosed.

If it helps he's terrible and is constantly owned.

But yeah, its a big black mark on CNN, but probably not any worse than all the other Trump campaign people.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Angry_Ed posted:

Even if the most ideal happened and the Democrats picked up 400 seats in the House in 2018 Trump would never acknowledge it. You know this. He deflected or outright ignored losing Alabama, Virginia, etc.

Yeah, its straight naivety at best and buying into Trump's lies at worst to think the stuff he says about this means anything. He was going back a year to Georgia to talk up the GOP's chances in this race. They've already made up their lies that this is a Democratic district and Saccone was the underdog. If Lamb wins they'll just claim its a failure because he was "expected" to win by more and nearly lost. Or Trump will claim he won because he embraced him and rejected Pelosi.

You can't win with bad faith engagers. Stop trying.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

i am the bird posted:

That election official on the phone with CNN was... not inspiring.

While I'm not a fan, earlier Smerconish was saying how he doesn't understand how a modern society can't count 250,000 votes in a few hours and I kind of wanted Wolf to put him on the phone with that guy.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alter Ego posted:

This.

Saccone win: "YAY WE WON FAK U LIEBERAL TRASH"

Lamb win: "Um, actually, I think you'll find that *horrible distortion of Lamb's actual positions* so this is good for Trump. There will be no blue wave."

I'm gonna spend all day tomorrow explaining why if you're "personally pro-life but politically support a woman's right to choose" it makes you pro-choice, not anti-abortion.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Just say "Joe Biden" and be done with it.

Nah. I'm talking about the people who are still clinging to their "if Joe Biden had run instead of Hillary I might have voted for him over Trump because he's Catholic so I know he's anti-abortion" lies.

Conservative Catholics, man. Exhausting.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Watch Steve Kornacki run around like a mad man on MSNBC with a broken hand or something!

Lamb picked up 752 votes from Alleghany's absentee ballots. That was the big surge.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Saccone is giving a victory speech! The celebratory underdog!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Brony Car posted:

Does he know something the rest of us don't? :ohdear:

I was being jokey because he was pumping his fist and poo poo.

He said he wasn't giving up and he'd fight to the bitter end. And then left to Eminem singing "I'm Not Afraid".

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Alter Ego posted:

So how many absentees are left?

1400. Saccone needs 579. Its done, barring insanity.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Charlz Guybon posted:

Does this mean he won?

It means 100% of today's votes have been counted. There's still 1400 outstanding absentee ballots.

But Saccone needs to win more than 70% of them so, yeah, Lamb won barring some kind of shenanigans or massive screwups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MSNBC now just has a split screen on a one handed Steve Kornacki spill water all over himself in silence. Its performance art.

• Locked thread