Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

All hail the Needle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

I hadn't really appreciated this before, but good god look at the shape of that district. gently caress gerrymandering.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Saladin Rising posted:

So is the jitter even based on anything, or is it just random? Because with jitter on the needle is moving when there's not even any votes in.
Seriouspost: the more it jitters, the less certain it is about our fates. Right now there are no votes in so it's jittering everywhere.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

AND THE FIRST WARD GOES TO THE LAMB BY A WHOPPING 35 VOTES! :toot:

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Mmm, give me that sweet sweet 52% chance of victory. I can taste it already!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

In my experience, when all the tweets the 538 guys are writing look like that, the chances are not 53%. I don't want to call it, but I'm feeling good about this one.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

They're called Sheeple.
I hate you.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Well, it's all gone to bloody gently caress. :(

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

This is going to come down to recount territory going by Wasserman's Twitter right now.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Saladin Rising posted:

Look at the number of precincts.

Now imagine you have to get 3 people in all of them, in five days.
Some of these precincts have around fifty voters total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

paternity suitor posted:

I'm baffled by people asking why a dead heat in a Trump +20 matters. Like how broke brained do you have to be to not see how that matters? Democrats now have the green light to run hard everywhere. It doesn't matter to special cynical boys who are smarter than the rest, because they know that nothing matters.
It probably heralds a blue wave regardless, but a +20 swing ending in a narrow loss feels a lot worse than a +20 swing ending in a narrow win. And that feeds back into voter enthusiasm in subsequent races. So the difference does matter a bit.

• Locked thread