Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God I'm so glad PA18 is going to get change, what an abomination of a district it is, I live 2000 ft from the border since it slashes right through my town in half.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Mooseontheloose posted:

Can any PA goons tell us what we should be looking for to know if this will be close or a dunking?
It'll be close because SW is full of dumbass yinzers who have gone full chud because the dumbass Dems took the union voters for granted. Also the same problem in parts of Appalachia where coal miners/steel workers want to vote for anyone who says they'll bring their jobs back.

Saccone doesn't support unions which is probably a big potential factor for Lamb, but Saccone is also a mega Catholic which is a big deciding factor for people in this region

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

farraday posted:

As a reminder this will 100% narrow as Westmoreland comes in.

When it does, panic wildly.
loving Westmoreland county, all those shitheads who move to Murrysville just because they hate the taxes in Allegheny county (It does have a Burgatory and North Park Lounge though)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Yeah this is what helped in getting our DSA people voted in too, weather was also kind of lovely today.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/RyanDeto/status/973727948376244225

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/DanielDenvir/status/973725198410186758

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I think this was his seat, though I very much could be wrong.
Yeah he sat in PA-18 before being a senator

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Alter Ego posted:

Nearly 3000 votes left in Allegheny? That's good.
Depends on where these votes are, there are some really red parts of Allegheny (plus a lot of Nazis but no one talks about that much)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Fat Lowtax posted:

Driving their Ferraris around in Peters Township
Yeah those jagoffs loved to leave Allegheny County just far enough to not pay Allegheny taxes, but close enough that the commute to Pittsburgh isn't as godawful

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Angry_Ed posted:

Additionally didn't the PA GOP try to take it to the US Supreme Court and got told to go pound sand?
Now they are trying to impeach the PA Supreme Court judges

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/CPotterPgh/status/973757212492550144

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I'm gonna spend all day tomorrow explaining why if you're "personally pro-life but politically support a woman's right to choose" it makes you pro-choice, not anti-abortion.
Funny thing is this pisses people off on both ways, I know some of my comrades in the Soc Fem committee of the Pittsburgh DSA who loving hate people like that. I agree with them mainly because I don't think abortion is really that relevant in my interpretations of Catholicism and is more of a recent thing. That and pro-life Catholics are some of the most obnoxious people I know and I only associate myself with them because I like the social events and parties that my family friends and church pull off.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/RyanDeto/status/973763642939314176

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Glad to see that Monroeville voted for Lamb, despite being unable to vote even though PA 18 is just a walk around the block

• Locked thread