Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?
I'm all in on this night being yet another bloodletting for the worst people imaginable. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

nine-gear crow posted:

Pro-gun, anti-abortion, hates actual progressives, will probably vote R 100% of the time because Pelosi will let him away with it because :decorum:

Yeah, he's literally a blue dog, but this is probably the absolute best kind of election for a blue dog to win because it will only matter for the next 9 months and then all the slate is wiped clean before the cleansing fury of the blue wave. So if Lamb wins it will demonstrate to Republicans that they are irreparably doomed, and give Democrats a morale boost, which is as good a victory as we could have hoped for.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Also individual blue dogs matter far less in the House than they do in the Senate

Right, not only is his district literally disappearing in January, so not only is he not even needed to elect a speaker, there's no way he can possibly be a deciding vote between now and then anyway. So settle in and enjoy free of any moral qualms! For once, nothing actually does matter. Except for reading the tea leaves about a Blue Wave.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

Someone with access to way more data and time than me needs to run a simulation of this November if you apply the average turnout model from all the specials. Erection metaphors are played out but I do want to admire it for, uh, reasons.

• Locked thread