Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

NEEDLE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

THE NEEDLE WILL SPITE YOU WESTMORELAND COUNTY

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

YOU HAVE DISPLEASED THE NEEDLE WESTMORELAND COUNTY

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Zil posted:

Somehow without the needle, this is more stressful.

WHEN YOU SEE ONE NEEDLE PRINT THE NEEDLE DIDNT LEAVE YOU IT CARRIED YOU

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Nate would find a way to be contrarian about it

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

KKKLIP ART posted:

run everywhere

Ding ding ding

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Lote posted:

Oh man. We are talking about precincts and absentee ballot percentages. I haven’t had a race this close for so long since the ‘08 Franken race.

LIZARD PEOPLE

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Lycus posted:

It matters for narrative, because this was a big Trump district.

I'm baffled by people asking why a dead heat in a Trump +20 matters. Like how broke brained do you have to be to not see how that matters? Democrats now have the green light to run hard everywhere. It doesn't matter to special cynical boys who are smarter than the rest, because they know that nothing matters.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

pumpinglemma posted:

It probably heralds a blue wave regardless, but a +20 swing ending in a narrow loss feels a lot worse than a +20 swing ending in a narrow win. And that feeds back into voter enthusiasm in subsequent races. So the difference does matter a bit.

Oh for sure the outcome matters. I'm referring to the nihilists bitching about how this seat doesn't matter because it won't exist in 8 months, or about how Democrats are moving goalposts by pointing out how many other districts are less +R than this district. A win would be great but a nail biter in R+20 is a good thing. Unless you're a depressive who does nothing but complain about how unpure and bad Democrats are.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

gently caress it's under 100

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

achillesforever6 posted:

Funny thing is this pisses people off on both ways, I know some of my comrades in the Soc Fem committee of the Pittsburgh DSA who loving hate people like that. I agree with them mainly because I don't think abortion is really that relevant in my interpretations of Catholicism and is more of a recent thing. That and pro-life Catholics are some of the most obnoxious people I know and I only associate myself with them because I like the social events and parties that my family friends and church pull off.

It's pretty obnoxious to tell someone what they should personally believe in. It's enough to say that it should be legal.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Can they call this poo poo already I wanna sleep

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

NEEDLE STATUS: IN OUR HEARTS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

ReidRansom posted:

This feels like mad good turnout for a special election, btw. 225,000 votes on 710,000 population.

And they all voted for the TRUMP candidate!

• Locked thread