Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
We're rich!

If Deep Rock Galactic can't provide the goods then Kith has forged them themself! :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

half a kumquat
Mar 14, 2018

We're rich!

Thank you so much for choosing Erik, the Totally-Not-A-Dwarf-But-He-Is-Here-Anyway contestant. I've turned on PMs because I am a dingus and forgot to do that.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

We're rich!

Holy crap, I can't believe I won something! I'm more shocked than anything, really, as I never win stuff!

I'd like to thank the Academy. Without them, I wouldn't have learned how to fight bugs and move dirt at the same time. And I'd like to thank Lloyd, for providing the best beer on the rig. I never forget to tip ya, Lloyd, and for good reason! And finally, I'd like to thank Kith, for hosting this contest!

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

So many beautiful dwarves out here on the space rig!

I don't have platinum for PMs, can you discord message me (username same as SA username)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Captainicus posted:

So many beautiful dwarves out here on the space rig!

I don't have platinum for PMs, can you discord message me (username same as SA username)

I will do so soon!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Ooh yeah, that Rival Tech DLC really brought the Cryogun together with the paint job + frame. :kimchi:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

And this one just grew on me all day today. The theme is Watermelon. No further notes.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Doomykins posted:

Ooh yeah, that Rival Tech DLC really brought the Cryogun together with the paint job + frame. :kimchi:

the The Supporter skin might also have the right kind of brown

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Dyz posted:

But where is the takeout coming from?

Sometimes when you empty the ore bucket during a mission the dwarf mentions the canteen, clearly there is much more to the space rig than what we see in-game. My guess is that the cabins we start the game in is actually part of some kind of transport system that leads two and fro from the rest of the space rig. Just a guess of course, but I don't actually know where else would even connect.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

when we get back...it's sandwich time

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Clearly one of those tubes coming out of Lloyd is actually for dehydrated take-out food. Naturally, the dwarves use beer to rehydrate it.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Dwarves sustain themselves entirely on liquor and the greasiest takeout and heaviest doses of MSG delivered via Chinese food imaginable. A Dwarven salad is when you put lettuce and tomato on a crisp light sandwich.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Doomykins posted:

The floating Rival Tech bits on the Cryo Cannon also rotate when the gun is firing, it loving rules.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ghost Ship's doing some kind of livestream in two weeks that'll have some info on Season 5.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

gannondwarf

gunnendwarf?

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Potato Salad posted:

gannondwarf

gunnendwarf?

I played with a guy named Ganondwarf who had a crazy amount of playtime and records himself doing the weekly deep dives. Was cool getting to be part of one of those videos.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Stage 2 of this week's regular deep dive can eat my rear end

Lasagna cave layout and one of the pumpjacks is literally on the map ceiling way above the mining rig

At least you have jet boots

Also this is the THIRD week in a row with the regular deep dive being fungal bogs

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Beasteh posted:

Lasagna cave

is that what they're calling it these days

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

pumpjack my lasagna cave

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

My friends and I bought the deluxe edition of this and the amount of missions/options is kind of overwhelming. Is there a suggested route of what stuff we should focus on?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Away all Goats posted:

My friends and I bought the deluxe edition of this and the amount of missions/options is kind of overwhelming. Is there a suggested route of what stuff we should focus on?

I would primarily focus on getting one class to level 25 so you can prestige. Doing so unlocks matrix cores which are probably the largest factor in enabling build diversity and also unlocks Deep Dives as outlet to get the matrix cores in addition to the weekly assignment. Been a while since I've been through the early game but just do whatever missions the assignment board gives you while you're leveling and it will unlock a bunch more stuff.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Seconding that. Find a class you gel with, get good at it, play it a lot, tiptoe up the difficulty to where you're having fun. Organically, you'll hit lvl25 with it and unlock some new toys for everyone. As for there being too many assignments and pathways, just do whatever. It's all there just to trickle new content in, the heart of the game is still mining stuff and shooting bugs, everything else will sort itself out.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Away all Goats posted:

you should focus on rocking and stoning

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

As people are saying, try all the classes in at least 1 or 2 missions, pick a favorite, and focus on promoting him. Along the way, mine all the minerals so you can afford upgrades to your weapons. Try to stay on doing assignment missions. When they come up, try to prioritize assignments that expand the available content. New weapons, new haz levels, and new consoles in the rig like the mineral trader. The console in your room opposite the class selection console lets you unlock perks. Pick whatever looks neat, and don't worry about running out. You end up getting something like 150 more points than you currently need to unlock everything. I suggest unlocking Beastmaster asap though, but that's just me.

Aside from that, I actually recommend doing some lower haz solo missions early on. You get to go into the caves with Bosco, who's really useful for a drone. Really though, I recommend it just so that you can kinda mine for yourself and enjoy the ambiance of the game. Really listen to the music, hear the environment, and etc. Going on like haz 2 is perfectly acceptable, and while some classes and builds do better solo than others, none of them are completely non-viable for solo play. I actually did like 20 solo missions on Gunner before my first drop with other people, and while you don't need to go quite that far with it, it really helped me fall in love with the game. Friends are great and all, but all the screaming and chaos and everything kinda make the actual game design kinda take a back seat.

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Away all Goats posted:

Always be working on a contract. You'll probably have a second one ready when you get through the opening contract, so just roll on through to another one.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Actually yea that's a good point, solo play lets you actually understand what's going on in every mission. I remember my first multiplayer game was also my first liquid morkite mission, and I had NO IDEA what everyone was dashing around doing while I kept getting grabbed or thrown by things I never saw. Re-did the mission solo, which let me trigger all the events myself, and have a scaled down number of hostile bugs.

If you have a friend group who's bullshitting over voice chat, that'll also do.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

If a holiday is up or a new season then they'll have assignments with limited time goodies. Season assignments will help push you along that season pass. Every other assignment type should be available forever. With Season 5 every season pass will always be accessible, season cosmetics are never FOMO. The current old season goodies are found in missions as part of treasure hunting, you'll know when you see it.

Once you hit 25 the first time and promote you can get the weekly rotating assignments and deep dives.

Pursue what looks interesting, especially new guns. Other than the holidays you really can't miss out and even those will come back next year and offer the previous goodies.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Away all Goats posted:

Upgrade your class’s armor rig. It gives passive health increases in addition to the mod options and generally improves survival when you’re starting out.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Apr 18, 2024

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Doomykins posted:

If a holiday is up or a new season then they'll have assignments with limited time goodies. Season assignments will help push you along that season pass. Every other assignment type should be available forever. With Season 5 every season pass will always be accessible, season cosmetics are never FOMO. The current old season goodies are found in missions as part of treasure hunting, you'll know when you see it.

Once you hit 25 the first time and promote you can get the weekly rotating assignments and deep dives.

Pursue what looks interesting, especially new guns. Other than the holidays you really can't miss out and even those will come back next year and offer the previous goodies.

The only exception being the anniversary hats which you only get one chance to get, but seeing as it's only relevant for that year it's not such a huge loss (coming from somebody who has every one of them).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I’m still bitter about my missing anniversary hats. I’m still bitter about the streamer hats!

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

just as long as I don't miss the 69th anniversary

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Actually very important that you press the rock and stone button whenever anything happens. Clear a wave? yell. help someone up, or someone helped you up? yell. Someone joins a mission? yell. Finish an objective? yell. Leaving the drop pod? yell. Find a rare mineral? yell. Entering the drop pod? You rock and stone your heart out!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Frankly the most important thing you can do when dropped into a game of greenbeards is hit the rock and stone button liberally and repeatedly

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

I tried the leadstorm overclock on the minigun today and :dudsmile: :blaster: :dogcited:

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
That is my primary minifun loadout and that's also generally my primary gunner loadout

Embrace the bunny hop

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

I spent enough hours bouncing around corners as Heavy TF2 that Lead Storm fit like a glove when I unlocked it.

I do kinda love Bullet Hell though, even if it isn't exactly "efficient."

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

I run bullet hell and lead spray because accuracy doesn't matter when everything in front of me gets shredded anyway

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
The more I use bullet hell for the minigun the more I respect it. It may be inefficient compared to lead storm, but literally everything is vs a free +40% dmg gosh.

Bullet Hell has the really loving badass ability to NEVER spin down thanks to ColdAsTheGrave and its tendency to steal allll the last hits, which really elevates it. As long as your secondary can cover for for big things and far-away things, and you remember to use your grenades and not spin up for bad targets. I use six-shooter with it which is pretty vanilla, but it really does just work.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Sure but I will do the same thing and kill more stuff with leadstorm blow through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Apples and orange man, they play rather differently. Also, embrace silly gimmick builds, it's not like the game's so hard that there's no room for fun.