Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I’m not saying you’re wrong I’m just saying what I enjoy I love a gimmick build and I don’t even think what you’re describing is a gimmick really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griddle of Love
May 14, 2020

Leadstorm Leadstorm. We changed it to be more of itself.

Such a lovely weapon.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I cant imagine running bullet hell without hot bullets, thats like the only strong synergy that OC has

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Joke option Elephant Rounds secondary for bullet hell so I can one tap spitball infectors from across the cave

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I just like my minigun evaporating the things that I point it at, so Lead Storm is my overclock of choice.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot

Control Volume posted:

I cant imagine running bullet hell without hot bullets, thats like the only strong synergy that OC has

If you're doing hot bullets why not just use burning hell too?

The stun option makes it sort of a aoe stun-lock weapon, which is kind of interesting.

Either way I'd take 23322 Elephant rounds over Six Shooter. You want something that can deal out a lot of single target damage (again, avoiding the obvious volatile bullets/burning hell synergy).

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Elephant rounds is great, but I settled on boring ol six shooter since there's so many targets that I don't want to have to spin the minigun up for or perhaps have low hp threshholds, such as mactera, single odd grunts, etc, while I'm still able to ammo dump into a preatorian's butt.

Honestly I'm just glad to have found a use case where I don't automatically reach for known favorites and/or the coilgun, over and over again.

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

It’s been a fantastic week. Got minelayer, fnally got ECR, and then got Face Melter!!!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
War crimes remains the best gunner build.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

thotsky posted:

The stun option makes it sort of a aoe stun-lock weapon, which is kind of interesting.

Either way I'd take 23322 Elephant rounds over Six Shooter. You want something that can deal out a lot of single target damage (again, avoiding the obvious volatile bullets/burning hell synergy).

Im always doing hot bullets, OCs are how I get my variety

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I've been pushing into mostly doing Haz 5 this week and taking stun with bullet hell is a massive amount of breathing room when you're fighting a large swarm

Stuff spawns then sits there stunned waiting to be cleaned up instead of chewing off your engineer's rear end

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42TXVJ0AS2M

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Just promoted my Driller last night! All sorts of new stuff just unlocked, next week will be fun. :black101::allears:

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Just saw my first ever triple dip, a Russian greenbeard Engineer who ran out of ammo missing every shot who called a resupply randomly in a doretta tunnel while she was moving

Utterly speechless

Cambria Bold
Jan 1, 2024

Beasteh posted:

Just saw my first ever triple dip, a Russian greenbeard Engineer who ran out of ammo missing every shot who called a resupply randomly in a doretta tunnel while she was moving

Utterly speechless

They call him Deadeye because his eyes are dead.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Beasteh posted:

Utterly speechless

oh hey you must have played with that one poster who insisted that double dipping as engineer was good actually

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Just had a dreadnought spawn as we were hitting the button for on-site refinery so we got to deal with it plus waves of bugs on Haz 5

That was fun

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

thotsky posted:

six shooter is just nice because it gives you a ton of flexibility with your secondary as gunner.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Beasteh posted:

Just had a dreadnought spawn as we were hitting the button for on-site refinery so we got to deal with it plus waves of bugs on Haz 5

That was fun

this is possible on Mining Expedition, On-Site Refining, and Point Extraction mission types if you were wondering

extra fun when the team is trying to mine a Crassus ball on Haunted Cave

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

There's an achievement for having a Dreadnought spawn when you're last dwarf standing, without any ammo left.

It's called Without A Paddle. :haw:

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Sywert of Thieves posted:

There's an achievement for having a Dreadnought spawn when you're last dwarf standing, without any ammo left.

It's called Without A Paddle. :haw:

Does busting an egg count as a spawn or does it have to be random?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Krowley posted:

Has to be random, I believe.

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010

Krowley posted:

Pretty sure you can intentionally empty your ammo in a solo mission then pop an egg to get it fairly easily. I think I even had a resupply nearby ready to be tapped when I got it, but maybe they've patched it?

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Yea that's exactly how it works. Got a group of randos up and I convinced them to let us all get that cheevo. Everyone got downed, one guy empties his primary & secondary, then goes and taps the egg with a pickaxe and wakes the team up. Repeat a few times over two missions, lots of rock & stones and beer drunk.

Honestly DRG's community is so great, I never feel the need to private games.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ghost Ship will be going over Rogue Core and their Season 5 plans in an hour or so. Currently discussing Survivor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=922YV_0T6CY

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Survivor sold insanely well which is kind of impressive coming sort of late on the "<X> Survivor" craze

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

DRG Season 5 took up most of their dev bandwidth and required a pause on Rogue Core, so Season 6 is not being considered until after Rogue Core has been launched and supported.

Which is completely reasonable.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I am unreasonably excited to play Rogue Core.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

New mission type is like Doretta but an elevator, so all the enemies are coming down on you from above. Then it gives you special jet boots to fly back up the elevator shaft and reach the drop pod. Sounds sick.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

glyphid stalkers :ninja:

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
We rocking and stoning good today lads.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hazard 5+ with customizable modifiers :getin:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

y'all Season 5 gonna be lit as gently caress

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Hwurmp posted:

glyphid stalkers :ninja:

Played around with these already in sandbox, they were meant to be in S4 but they held them back for some reason. They're super threatening on higher haz

Tommy the Newt
Mar 25, 2017

The king of the sand castle

Hwurmp posted:

Hazard 5+ with customizable modifiers :getin:

Awesome. Yeah I've just watched that stream and season 5 is sounding great so far. Really excited for Haz5+ and the new enemies.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Hazard level 5+ seems terrifying to me. We've barely scraped by one Hazard 3 level out of the 2 or 3 times we tried it.

But a new mission type sounds fun!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Enjoy the terror while you can as the more you play the game the more higher difficulty becomes routine. There is a nice hump going into Haz 5 where you need to pay some attention to meta options, making Haz 4 a natural top chill zone spot that can still kill you if you play poorly.

When you go for shenanigans like Haz 6+2x spawns then meta choices finally matter bigly. Also there's nothing wrong with using anything you want, you can just appreciate it when some choices save you a lot more effort than others.

Post Written By Dash Convert.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
ABD, always be dashin

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

Every dwarf has resupplier, born ready and vampire plus dash and iron will

Except driller who has sweet tooth over born ready

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aeble
Oct 21, 2010

Beasteh posted:

That was fun

Not on Haz 5, but the 'Surprise, extra Dreadnought!' spawn has happened more than once on a first mission when I was introducing new players to the game and, uh, it sure adds something!