Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

de Delta FO, k

I edited my post like 20 times because I kept finding more words I could replace with jargon, plus adding my true story about my run-in with SP.

There are two things bugging the gently caress out of me that I simply couldn't recall and include:

-- What's the acronym/jargon for at the end of an artillery mission where the FO is supposed to call the FDC and say "killed 20 troops" or "M-kill three tanks" or the very-disliked "suppressed [anything]" since it kinda implies you didn't do anything but make noise. I googled "Casualty Assessment" and similar terms but that's not it, and it's not AOR or AAR.

-- I really should know this but it's been 15 years: what's the radio channel that the artillery FO is on? Is it just "Call For Fire net"? I could swear there's a different name.

Effect on Target (Positive/Negative)? End of Mission? By Piece, By Round, At My Command mission and neglect to tell them for 8 to 24 hours the first round hit? Splash?

If higher is watching I think it's "To the rear of the piece fall in!"

Last one is whatever the gently caress callsign they're using or assigned from what I remember.

All I remember about Cobra Gold aside from drinking/whoring/seeing Star Wars was "wong ying" and "palakeet ying" for I think standby-fire and either fire mission or end of mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread