Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

The Battle Royale quest in Droughtlands I mentioned farming can actually be started at 36 by the way. I did 36-42 on my rogue in around 9 hours total. Level 36 took 75 minutes and each level took a bit longer, once you understand how to avoid pulling aggro at all it's around 17,000 exp every 3 minutes. Now my rogue has all of Moonshade, Droughtlands, Shimmer and Stillmoor at level 42 so hopefully I won't have to grind so many dungeons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Suprfli6 posted:

The Battle Royale quest in Droughtlands I mentioned farming can actually be started at 36 by the way. I did 36-42 on my rogue in around 9 hours total. Level 36 took 75 minutes and each level took a bit longer, once you understand how to avoid pulling aggro at all it's around 17,000 exp every 3 minutes. Now my rogue has all of Moonshade, Droughtlands, Shimmer and Stillmoor at level 42 so hopefully I won't have to grind so many dungeons.

Just doing the repeatable quests? Awesome. I haven't started the any of those zones either, I'm just finishing up Scarwood at level 6.

Hides anyone know when they're gonna add raids? I'm taking it a little slow til then cus I feel like expert gearing won't take too terribly long with the loot charges and the enormously op nature of cleric wisdom gains

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It's not a repeatable quest, it's the final quest in a short chain that starts with this quest in Lantern Hook. You can start the final battle script and fail it by being a little ways outside of the arena when the battle finishes so you don't get credit, then restart it when the trigger mob respawns. You just have to tag 1 mob that the NPCs are about to kill and you will get exp for every mob that dies in the entire battle, the only trick is avoiding aggro because the hostile mobs do not leash or reset so you'll die (but still get exp as you run back as a ghost).

They have not said anything about the raids yet. Right now even the t2 expert 5 mans are not available at 50, only the five t1 dungeons, and they are very undertuned.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Questing exp seems to have really dropped off again. I'm level 39 and turning in four quests didn't even give me a full bubble. Guess I'll be doing mostly dungeons for the next twelve levels. Warfronts would be fun but they're not consistent exp if you don't win, no matter how well you individually do, which I really wish they'd fix. Like I almsot ALWAYS get forced to play as a Guardian "mercenary" and ofc the guardians get brutally owned, so I don't get dick for exp even though I'm the top healer in the match by like 30k healing done

ed: also lol last night the game crashed for everyone in my party, but not at once, just in a row. like one person crashed, a minute later the next person crashed, and so on

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
this whole thread is pretty funny

is this the thread to discuss dead mmos now

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Minrad posted:

this whole thread is pretty funny

is this the thread to discuss dead mmos now

This and the Wildstar one. Same difference.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Frog Act posted:

Questing exp seems to have really dropped off again. I'm level 39 and turning in four quests didn't even give me a full bubble. Guess I'll be doing mostly dungeons for the next twelve levels. Warfronts would be fun but they're not consistent exp if you don't win, no matter how well you individually do, which I really wish they'd fix. Like I almsot ALWAYS get forced to play as a Guardian "mercenary" and ofc the guardians get brutally owned, so I don't get dick for exp even though I'm the top healer in the match by like 30k healing done

ed: also lol last night the game crashed for everyone in my party, but not at once, just in a row. like one person crashed, a minute later the next person crashed, and so on

I stopped bothering with quests for Rift. I just put on headphones and listen to music while grinding in a specific spot (my dick is that specific spot).

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I'm hijacking this dead thread for a zombie MMO to talk about Trion's Defiance 2050 relaunch, since it definitely doesn't deserve it's own thread.

Played the closed beta. (yes I checked, no NDA) Hard pass.

Did you play the original? It's basically the same as that only slightly worse. It's not going to bomb because that would imply there was something to go off. It's an empty cardboard box of a product.

TL;DR: It's a zero effort relaunch made simply in the hope old players will re-purchase all their poo poo since you have to start over from scratch. Because "new game".

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

I bet they started working on the Defiance "sequel" as soon as they saw how much money Funcom made with their SW: Legends trick.

Between prime and now this, trion can't even come up with original ways to milk their dead games.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
:lol:

Remember how several years ago Trion fired pretty much everyone who made Defiance after it didn't make the revenue they wanted?

https://www.bhvr.com/defiance_2050/

Trion outsourced the coding for this current cash grab. Guess they don't have anyone left who knows how the code works.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i wonder how long until Trion manages to kill Trove

unless they already did and i missed that

that seemed to be like the only game they had that they didn't ruin while i was still paying attention

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
as a former rift player that stopped like, 4 or 5 years ago, is this worth bothering with or what

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

No I quit already because everything about it was completely hosed up compared to the original, it's really bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DapperDraculaDeer
Aug 4, 2007

Shut up, Nick! You're not Twilight.
Thats sad to hear about Defiance. I picked the game up during a Steam sale for like $5 and found it to be pretty fun for far longer than I had any reason to expect for that price. The tie in with a TV show was also an interesting hook. It had the potential to be one of those MMOs that you fire up every couple of months to see whats new, blow some stuff up for a bit, and just kind of binge on for a week or so before forgetting about for a few more months. Of course Trion just didnt seem capable of the kind of effort necessary to achieve that, and then when the show got cancelled things got even worse.

• Locked thread