Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

In America you have to pay them for that, depending on your job.

just smash a toe with a box of printer paper when nobody is looking and say it was stacked wrong and sue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I had a computer chair when I was in junior high that I farted in for 17 hours a day to the point where it would still smell like farts hours after I had stopped farting and when my brother played Goldeneye with his friends the loser had to smell the seat

Winning.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Len posted:

My chair at work won't stay up so I spend 8 hours a day sitting nearly shoulder level with my entirely too tall desk. The office manager is supposed to do things like order new chairs when that happens but since in the coming months they're remodeling the office she refuses. It's been loving my shoulder up for months now.

what if he was shouting gently caress yo chair nigga darkness charlie murphy instead of the couch line we all know an d love

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

#lifegoals

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I had a computer chair when I was in junior high that I farted in for 17 hours a day to the point where it would still smell like farts hours after I had stopped farting and when my brother played Goldeneye with his friends the loser had to smell the seat

Lmfao.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the Imp Zone forcing someone to smell your butt meme back in full force.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
lol it was one of those cheap computer seats that are like $50 at Staples and it has like a random crosshatch pattern on top for some reason

that material did a really good job at keeping the farts in for whatever reason. if my father bought a leather computer chair instead, those Goldeneye matches wouldn't have been half as exciting. there definitely wouldn't have been as much screaming after a loss

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Ah yes, we had the IKEA version in my first apartment after college, the Färtskriimr.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

Ah yes, we had the IKEA version in my first apartment after college, the Färtskriimr.

lmao

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
uncle at nintendo continues to be the best gamer

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know about that. My backlog is so big that games I've been meaning to play already have HD remasters

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I don't know about that. My backlog is so big that games I've been meaning to play already have HD remasters

it both sucks and owns that video games have reached novel level in that you can spend your entire life enjoying them and you will never spend as much time completing and fully understanding them as much as you want.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

uncle at nintendo continues to be the best gamer

Definitely this year's Best New Poster which is a solid followup to Major Isoor last year

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

Definitely this year's Best New Poster which is a solid followup to Major Isoor last year

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I think I gave Uncle at Nintendo some poo poo for the OP of the PS3 hack thread but he’s proven himself to be a powerful poster since then

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I think I gave Uncle at Nintendo some poo poo for the OP of the PS3 hack thread but he’s proven himself to be a powerful poster since then
He also never found the chocobo in FF9 but it just adds to his posting brand

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

retard strength is notoriously powerful, yes

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

FactsAreUseless posted:

He also never found the chocobo in FF9 but it just adds to his posting brand

you made me remeber this and now im pissed off again

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

absolutely anything posted:

you made me remeber this and now im pissed off again
I think about it a lot lately and laugh.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

He tried to use gysahl greens in Chocobo's Forest, then stepped outside and couldn't tell the chocobo tracks were a different texture so he just gave up and never tried again. His explanation were that the tracks weren't to scale. A real chocobo would be much smaller.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
it didn't help things that the geshtal greens were used for other things in the game too. There's also a town where there's a chocobo just hanging out at the top of the town (I think it's called Deya or some poo poo, the town with the guy who has a scarecrow and corn field and has been blocking a treasure chest for the whole game) and talking to the chocobo does nothing

im on disc 4 now and never heard the chocobo theme in this game. I'll have to listen to it on YouTube.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

it turns out the Uncle at Nintendo is actually the least privy to game secrets and easter eggs.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

is this in the final fanty thread i dont read? i need to see the posts where this happens

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

it turns out the Uncle at Nintendo is actually the least privy to game secrets and easter eggs.

Actually I found out the Easter egg in Mortal Kombat 2 for the SNES where motaro jumps up and down on the Acclaim logo and smashes it up. Except I was at a friend's house when I discovered it, and I figured out the wrong way to do it. For some reason the Easter egg showed up by having the super scope receiver plugged in (in reality the trick was just to hold L and R when turning on the game but obviously none of us knew that at the time)

So i said out loud that I was gonna write to EGM to tell them the trick and my friend started flipping out saying that it was his house and his game and system and super scope receiver so he should be the one who gets to write to EGM. I told him to huff my farts and I was gonna write the letter. The third friend that was at the house when this went down came over to my house the next day and told me some story about my friend crying to him that I was going to write the letter and that it was a violation of our friendship and he felt really betrayed by me. This turned out to be complete bullshit by the 3rd friend as HE was trying to be the one to get the letter to EGM as well

three lifelong friends completely torn apart conspiring against one another Quentin Terrentino style over a chance at winning a free Turbo Touch 360° and it wasn't even the right code

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

trying to jack off posted:

is this in the final fanty thread i dont read? i need to see the posts where this happens

Read the final fanty thread

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793125&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=61

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

So i said out loud that I was gonna write to EGM to tell them the trick and my friend started flipping out saying that it was his house and his game and system and super scope receiver so he should be the one who gets to write to EGM. I told him to huff my farts and I was gonna write the letter. The third friend that was at the house when this went down came over to my house the next day and told me some story about my friend crying to him that I was going to write the letter and that it was a violation of our friendship and he felt really betrayed by me. This turned out to be complete bullshit by the 3rd friend as HE was trying to be the one to get the letter to EGM as well

three lifelong friends completely torn apart conspiring against one another Quentin Terrentino style over a chance at winning a free Turbo Touch 360° and it wasn't even the right code
This is amazing

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

it didn't help things that the geshtal greens were used for other things in the game too.

Gysahl greens. Gestahl is the emperor from 6. Topic Locked

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Gysahl greens. Gestahl is the emperor from 6. Topic Locked
Found this while looking for an FF3 screenshot to post in response to this.

You can download it at the bottom of this page: https://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/ff6downloads.htm

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Found this while looking for an FF3 screenshot to post in response to this.

You can download it at the bottom of this page: https://www.fantasyanime.com/finalfantasy/ff6/ff6downloads.htm

lol. every once in awhile i decide to play Dragon Warrior and don't realize I accidentally loaded the ROM where the weapons are all like DILDO and VIBRATOR and the princess is a nudie sprite until i hit like level 3 killing slimes and i'm like "do i want to spend ten minutes killing slimes again or just continue mashing the A button and try to see where they stuck the word BOOBS in the Dragon Lord's dialog.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Actually I found out the Easter egg in Mortal Kombat 2 for the SNES where motaro jumps up and down on the Acclaim logo and smashes it up. Except I was at a friend's house when I discovered it, and I figured out the wrong way to do it. For some reason the Easter egg showed up by having the super scope receiver plugged in (in reality the trick was just to hold L and R when turning on the game but obviously none of us knew that at the time)

lmao

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

like, i've never actually gotten to the point where you save the princess, because if they don't replace "Dost thou love me?" with "WIllst thou gently caress me?" i'm just going to be disappointed and quit, and i'm not prepared for that.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I had a worm light.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Wormskull posted:

I had a worm light.

Username / post combo

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

it didn't help things that the geshtal greens were used for other things in the game too. There's also a town where there's a chocobo just hanging out at the top of the town (I think it's called Deya or some poo poo, the town with the guy who has a scarecrow and corn field and has been blocking a treasure chest for the whole game) and talking to the chocobo does nothing

im on disc 4 now and never heard the chocobo theme in this game. I'll have to listen to it on YouTube.

gysahl greens theyre called gysahl greens and the otwn is called dali and that guy is an old grandma. the chest has an elixir in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

I.N.R.I posted:

gysahl greens theyre called gysahl greens and the otwn is called dali and that guy is an old grandma. the chest has an elixir in it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how the gently caress do i get to the chest?

(no "very carefully" or "figures you wouldn't know how to get to a chest" jokes please)

• Locked thread