Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Hello poetry thread, I'm doing the forums reading challenge this year and I've decided to try and rekindle my former love of poetry, so to that end, I would like a wildcard poetry book for the reading challenge. It can be anything (please be gentle) as long as it's not impossible to find. I also only speak English, unfortunately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Tree Goat posted:

what kinds of things do you like

TBH I haven't read much of anything in years. In college I liked Anne Sexton, Sara Teasdale, Lord Byron, T.S. Eliot, Kahlil Gibran, Wisława Szymborska... I was just getting into more modern poetry but couldn't tell you any names off the top of my head. I'm sure there's tons of poets I read a lot that I'm totally forgetting, such is life

MockingQuantum
Jan 20, 2012

Tree Goat posted:

you might like brown's the virginia state colony for epileptics and feebleminded, that was from last year iirc and gives off sexton-y vibes

This looks like it's right up my alley, I will definitely check it out. Thanks!