Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Ccs posted:

Haha guess so. He's retired now though so I guess he just sits in his house in Princeton reading books instead of teaching students wrong things.

To his credit his classes were the hardest I ever took in college because he wouldn't abide by other interpretations. Either you used the class to figure out his sensibilities so that your essays would reflect the type of interpretation he liked, or you would get marked down for not analyzing the text correctly.

He sounds cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CestMoi posted:

Japanese dada/futurism (link to the original is at the bottom if u can read Japanese/just want to see the original form)

https://www.asymptotejournal.com/poetry/hagiwara-kyojiro-death-sentence/

drat I didn't know there were japanese futurists as well, this is cool

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

CestMoi posted:

There was a huge Japanese dada scene and they were all insane anarchists but I can't find enough of their poo poo : (

I read something that talked about futurists from places like Poland and the Czech republic once too but I got the impression that none of it had been translated.

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

this broken hill posted:

lorca was a sweet sad gay artisan of the human heart

Actually, I never met the man

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Tree Goat posted:

this is all a trick to get you to yell poems to yourself out loud all the time until you completely alienate yourself from civilized society btw

the joke's on you pal, i'm already alienated from civilized society

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

what's the cool William Blake to read if i've never read anything by him btw?

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

chernobyl kinsman posted:

ya this but also read it on http://blakearchive.org/ so you can read them as they were meant to be read: as part of a bugfuck crazy series of prints engraved and inked by a lunatic

here are the songs of innocence, for example

ty, this is good because the complete poems i have just has a thing like 'plate here' where the artworks are supposed to be

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

Beefeater1980 posted:

Poem by Gu Cheng, a poet of the “Obscure” school in the 80s and 90s (I’ve also seen it translated as “misty” which is literally correct but slightly misses the meaning). Apart from his poetry, he is famous for retiring to New Zealand, going nuts when living in a polycule with his wife and another woman, attacking his wife with an axe and then killing himself; she also died as a result of her injuries. The third lady wasn’t hurt. Interestingly Wikipedia doesn’t mention the third lady (IIRC she was called baobei/baby) at all.

I’ve always felt it described a really bad date.

this guy has a novel that was translated into english that i want to read, but for some reason it was published by a german publisher who seem to mainly print textbooks so it's completely unfindable anywhere, except possibly from some of the new zealand universities that have copies in their libraries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

:mrgw: