Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
BUMPING ‘CAUSE THIS GAME IS FREE RIGHT NOW ON THE EPIC GAMES INSTALLER!!

Helloooo I just got this game for free from the Epic installer on Friday and played it for like 8 hours over the weekend and I’m super into it! Haven’t gotten this into an RTS in a long time; played a little bit of Crusader Kings 2 mods several years back and I loved Roller Coaster Tycoon and the SNES Sim City when I was a kid, but that’s about it.

I’ve got about 34 colonists into Sol 28 and another 22 on the way. Two domes and about 1/3 of the map explored.

I’m sure I’ll be back with questions or something at some point but I just wanted to bump this thread since I’d literally never heard of it until downloading it a few days ago. If you’re curious, go get it and explore it with me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I’ll chime in to say that the last sim game I really got into was RollerCoaster Tycoon like a million years ago, but I also picked this game up on sale and had fun with it. I agree with the poster who said it has a chill atmosphere. The soundtrack on Spotify was legit my most listened to album of 2019; I really dig it. Of course you don’t need to buy the game to listen to the soundtrack, but I probably wouldn’t have loved the OST as much if I hadn’t played the game along with it first.

Overall, I’d say I recommend it, especially if the price seems cheap to you.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Alkydere posted:

Yeah the lightning strikes are super rare due to the fact that if the workers are in a building they're fine. They have to be on foot to be hit. I've had it happen to me maybe...twice? Though the trains probably mean it might happen more often now.

I just decided how I'd like to die