Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Only played for about an hour and plopped down my first dome, game is pretty cool. Wish there was more of a tutorial and that I would have noticed you have to build a dome near the metal deposit, might restart.

One thing that seems like it might get annoying is maintenance on some buildings seems to generate really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I hope they name their next colony de_dust2.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This is kinda dark but, could you not reassign all the elderly people to one dome and then cut off all power/oxygen/food/water?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

double nine posted:

before you start your future dystopia which I totally support by the way, I wanna note that every colonist that dies of unnatural causes (i.e. anything that's not old age) causes 2 applicants to disappear from the recruitment pool. Might be fine if your martian colony is big enough to be self-sustaining in terms of birth but can cause issues if you need fresh meat from the earth

Hmmmmm I think I'm gonna try this once I get my current colony more self sufficient. I'll create murder domes for the elderly and less than useful citizens of Mars.

Those stupid Earthians are so judgey. No wonder we left.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Arven posted:

So I've learned that Church of the New Ark with a Doctor means you start having kids immediately

And then after 10 sols have a homeless/unemployed population rivaling your employed pops who don't appear to get earthsick. I... didn't think this through.

This sounds like the ideal starting sponsor to implement Death Domes.