Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Bhodi posted:

How far do my concrete extractors spew dust? It just says "nearby" without giving me any indication of how many tiles away I need to place my power generation.

I'm trying to find this out. I'd love to find a map overlay that shows dust and elevation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

So can you operate multiple extractors over the same rare earth deposit? And if you can is it even really worth it?

Not really since the limiting factor there is usually people. What's really valuable is multiple extractors on water.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
This really seems like a game that will be 100x better with mods.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Pirate Radar posted:

So how much does the tunnel cost? I saw the entrance in the build menu but it didn’t come with any explanation or guide to how and when to use it so it just got lost in the shuffle of figuring out how the rest of the game worked.

Playing with a harder start makes things a lot more engaging, I’m finding

A lot, 30 machine parts and some metal.and concrete iirc.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
No, I'm really looking forward to the spreadsheet and numbers expansion.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is there any drawback to just pumping out research before you bring people in? I'm using a Europe/Politician run and I can run hot for a really long time without actually using any colonists. Or really anything.

I'd say you'll run out of metal for maintenance you can access without colonists but if you just sit around for 100 sols doing nothing I'm not sure what would happen. I'd assume your mystery would kick in at some point and murder you but I'm not patient enough to run a game with no buildings to generate infinite science to find out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

double nine posted:

you can also select a drone and simply right-click another drone hub if you want to reassign them and they're within walking distance.

This is essentially useless as you can't do more than 1 at a time and hubs support 100 drones each.