Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011

Splicer posted:

Oh I've never done a church of the new ark run, I'll definitely pair that up with revelations for a go.

I’ve been trying to work out the beginnings of a New Ark run. They have one particular mission objective that has been fouling me up: Get 10 Founders to 90 comfort. The closest I’ve gotten so far is 8/10. I also noticed that I had a few Founders have their comfort stall out (e.g. one stayed at 72 and his log stopped adding calculations). Part of my issue could be that I’m playing with Chaos Theory on so maybe I’m just not getting Comfort upgrades that I normally would in time. I would let go not meeting this objective but it’s the only way to get them sponsor research per sol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011

Splicer posted:

You can have more than 12 founders if you stall on the founder stage until you get the +colonists rocket tech, maybe having some spares might help?

Yea this might be a good idea in case I get a bugged one again. Stalling out but getting the bigger rocket might mean you can get the 20 Martian-born by Sol 50 easily enough still. The reward isn’t as significant for that one but I’ve been hitting it pretty easy.

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Hmm, perhaps the commander profile that gives the hanging gardens might be of help since it boosts the comfort of all residences in the dome. Focus on picking up hippie founders so they get a boost from visiting the super-garden too? Of course that means you can't use the New Ark's unique spire in your starting dome.

It's honestly one goal I've never hit myself.

I may need to play around with the commander profile. I went rocket scientist last time hoping to use the second rocket to send in people to serve is service jobs quickly to boost comfort of the founders. The reason I would hesitate on hanging garden is because New Ark comes with the Temple spire. I did try last time to go with as many hippies as I could like you suggested and farms over ranches to get their comfort up. Also, I tried party animal to buff up. End of the day, may have to just find a map with vista instead of goofing off on Olympic Mons. Or maybe if I could strategically hit the 1 billion currency objective quickly, buy a lot of polymers to get a temple in one temple and hanging garden in the second dome. I’ll have to see after I pick up the trains.

If someone goes for the achievement, I would also recommend avoiding founders that demand gaming if you can. I went in for last ditch on electronics stores to try to get over the hump both attempts and it wiped out my resources. I mean the colonies could still keep going but I didn’t have the resources to go after anything else quickly.

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011

Alkydere posted:

Probably one of the better options to select if we're having colonists just walk into the sunset.

Yeah the lightning strikes are super rare due to the fact that if the workers are in a building they're fine. They have to be on foot to be hit.

Walking into the sunset is just the new Judge Dredd option when you send a colonist out of the dome to bring lawfulness to the untamed (and probably uninhabitable) barrens. :black101:

I’ve only had one death from the lightning strike and oddly it was inside a dome but right at the entrance to a passageway. I wondered if there is a little glitch space there.

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011
In typical paradox DLC fashion, trains have now moved from Positive -> Mixed -> Mostly Negative on Steam. I still may pick it up this weekend to use it for bulk transport of mining materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokingFrog0641
Oct 29, 2011
I talked really bullishly about playing with the trains this weekend, but I forgot that Overlord also came out today. Decisions…

That’s really impressive with your rail line and seems like a much more organized layout than I normally have.