Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

You need polymers for lots of stuff so I'd try that first. One or two farms seem to feed like three domes worth of dudes so at least food isn't a big issue in this game.

Apparently I chose an "easy" start since I'm on like sol 40 and haven't met any disasters yet. Yeah and uh I poopsocked it twelve hours straight, not good at all for my health but something just happened to my sense of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Heh my base is a horrible mess, I've just slapped stuff around randomly without any planning at all. Stirling generators next to concrete plants etc. Well I shut down the plant since stirlings imported are so very expensive. Next time I'll do better since I actually know how the game works! It was quite cool to figure it all out by yourself.

I try to generate all of my water with vaporators, it's doable at least with the 50% upgrade. I can save my well mostly for emergencies. I also built oxygen, water and battery tanks to each dome and stirling generators too. So they're quite independent in case something goes wrong.

In more hostile climates it might make sense to keep backup drone control hubs etc. too since it sucks if it gets destroyed.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

I had to salvage my other rocket because I had no funding to buy electronics to complete my research lab, which I needed because I didn't get any research. Now I'm out of machine parts and my fuel extractors don't work anymore. Contemplating on dismantling the other one so I could fix the other and produce more fuel.

I guess that is my only option to get the rocket fueled. Then I need to get more funding somehow to buy more polymers and machine parts... uhh... I'm dead already, aren't I?

Edit: I was lucky the farm was my first research available since I didn't have polymers to build hydrophonic farms. Altough my polymers will run out soon which I use for battery maintenance. My windmills broke so I get only battery power to my dome during night. Everything else is shut down.

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 17, 2018

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

What did you use all your electronics on before your research lab?

I bought like 10 and the lab costs 8. Is there any way to cheat more funding? This is getting ridiculous.

Edit: got the mars crowdfunding one time research. Maybe I can get some more polymers & parts imported from mars earth before this whole shitshow falls to pieces...

Edit2: Cold wave came, rip colony. Church of the new ark was too dumb to stay alive. I didn't realize they have _0_ reseach when starting the game..

Ihmemies fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Mar 17, 2018

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

They'll dig the whole tunnel with the materials. Also the tunnel doesn't need to be straight or anything, just click where you want it to start and where to end. Seems to work swell, also rc's move really fast inside tunnels!

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Guess I need to have some oxygen in storage. Didn't have and then dust storm came. I managed to build one and store some oxygen, can the colonists make do without oxygen for 6 hours?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

2game.com sells the game for 30€ and first colony edition for 50€ with love2game code which gives -15%. I think £ gives the best price if your bank has an OK exchange rate. Don't know about any better deals.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

So I finally bought the First Colony edition for Steam. But I can't load my old saves because I don't have "stellaris domes set" DLC which was only available for preorders. Owning Stellaris with all its DLC's doesn't help either -,- I guess it's time to start a new colony...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Fell Fire posted:

It's "free" if you got the season pass, which is honestly one of the better decisions I made way back when.

I paid like 45€ for the package which included season pass. The price was ridiculous, especially since I just keep on getting more free content. Sure like not getting nickel&dimed.