Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Pylons posted:

Transport drones are so stupid that they'll just let themselves completely run out of power on a route instead of stopping when they're low to recharge. I was kinda hoping that drone hubs would *expand* the range that drones work in, rather than drones being limited to the space of each hub they're assigned to.

If you have overlapping drone hubs and put storage in the overlap area, the drones on both sides will automatically transport resources to/from the overlap storage to build/maintain things in either area. You should be able to infinitely daisy-chain this for large areas.

I feel like the obvious thing the game is missing here is a cheap transport train, though.

Edit: Or, pneumatic transport tubes that can carry resources but also people.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Mar 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

yeah the inability to connect domes really squashes a lot. would be cool to build one dome of farms, another of apartments, central one with services etc.

:yeah:

How can I ever live out my Apprentice Adept fantasies if I can't have some domes entirely devoted to decadence and amusement?

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Split Pea Superman posted:

If you're wondering why a citizen randomly pops up on the hot bar it's because they've got one of the unique traits.

This game has the weird presumption that I actually care about individual people, but there's so many and they all age so fast there's no reason to do so. I might care if it was like Rimworld and keeping even two dozen people in good conditions was an epic undertaking and there were massive possible rewards for training and maintaining peeps, but this is not that game.