Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

There was a cool documentary on Netflix once upon a time called Nollywood Babylon. The best parts examine the role of Christianity and the film industry's ties to Nigeria's megachurches.

I came across an Nigerian movie store when I was in high school (2006ish) so I asked for a comedy, and he gave me My Kingdom Come. It seemed like a traditional story about a king being usurped, but set in modern times. It was hard to understand, and it ended on a cliffhanger (looks like there are 2 sequels) so I only ever watched it once. I'm still not sure if it was actually a comedy and I didn't get it, or the guy just handed me what happened to be sitting on the counter since I woke him up from his nap. The king's lost orphan son seemed like a comedic figure, but he only showed up toward the end. Maybe the sequels are funnier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread