Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kater
Nov 16, 2010

quote:

μ, a virtual idol program that attained sentience and self-awareness

Oh nooooo.

More amanchu, mha, lupin, and food wars, and some good stuff continuing. And a billion sports shows. Seems fine. I'm sad Antarctica is only one cour, that is kind of surprising but also not.

As far as new stuff... magical girl battle royale sounds hard to do wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I don't understand the hype for Mob Psycho, it was good but... not that good? Maybe I'm missing something.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Julias posted:

By that logic Steins;Gate 0 and Cutie Honey Universe also deserve sirens, regardless of their quality or popularity this season due soley to their approximation to popular things in the past. If it ends up being good and people hop onto it, it'll get its due.

Joe is a level beyond that you dink, people went to his funeral lol.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

gmq posted:

I don't understand the hype for Mob Psycho, it was good but... not that good? Maybe I'm missing something.

I felt the same way, but from what I can tell it gains a lot if you've read the manga.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Nobody knows what's gonna be good or not so give megalobox the dang siren.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

safe pick: Wakaokami wa Shougakusei!
risky pick: Megalobox

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

*marching up and down in a one man picket line*

IF YOU DONT LOVE JOE

YOU GOTTA GO!!

smenj
Oct 10, 2012

Agronox posted:

I felt the same way, but from what I can tell it gains a lot if you've read the manga.

Haven't read the manga myself, but I really enjoyed the first season. I thought it started off rather slow, but it was fantastic once it gained some steam.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I think Mob Psycho 100 is one of the best animes of 2016. It's a goofy, heartfelt action story about self improvement, about how failure is only temporary, and how you can't ever go wrong if you be the kindest and supportive You possible. I personally think it's the more sincere and meaningful of ONE's work and I think Studio Bones did an absolutely unreal job of animating it near flawlessly, getting a lot of young creative talent involved for a lot of different styles, while still being a mirror to the source material.

If you didn't like it tho, that's fair, but it's one of those You Need To Try This shows for me tbh. I was already considering rewatching it, but now I'll wait

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 18, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I want to watch way too much stuff this season

Cutie Honey Universe
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
Gundam Build Divers
Hinamatsuri
Hisone to Maso-tan
Isekai Izakaya: Koto Aitheria no Izakaya Nobu
Juushinki Pandora
Megalo Box
Steins;Gate 0
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby

Fumikiri Jikan
Nobunaga no Shinobi: Anegawa Ishiyama-hen
Uchuu Senkan Tiramisù

Four mecha shows in one season?!

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
EMM put it better than I could, but I loved Mob Psycho 100. I found it alternately thrilling, heartwarming, and hillarious, and Aritaka Reigen is one of my favorite characters in any kind of media.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

gmq posted:

I liked it a lot but drat that show was perfectly self-contained and there's no way they can runback what made the ending setup so loving good.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
I will probably also watch Magical Girl Site. I've got a close friend who loves Xtreme Edge, and I love magical girl stuff, so it seems like a good place to meet in the middle.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

kater posted:

I liked it a lot but drat that show was perfectly self-contained and there's no way they can runback what made the ending setup so loving good.
If it helps, the manga ending is really cute and heartwarming. It was a great end to a series that I still wanted more of.

I dunno if they can do the second half of the manga in another 12 episodes, mostly because it's been so long since I read them, but they surprised with the first season being decently paced, and Season 2 looks to have the same staff as Season 1 so I Believe

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the sirens are loving dumb so i don't care if a show receives the arbitrary recognition

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

dogsicle posted:

the sirens are loving dumb so i don't care if a show receives the arbitrary recognition

If you aren't with the one man picket line you're against the one man picket line. Put your dukes up!!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I forgot what Megalobox was, and yeah that trailer is cool. idc about boxing tho but i'll watch the first episode

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

I forgot what Megalobox was, and yeah that trailer is cool. idc about boxing tho but i'll watch the first episode

I just want the drat soundtrack at this point cause its all so good and is pulling from like 3 different genres and their various subgenres. It's got jazz and classic 90s rap and different kinda of electronic including some retrowave inspiration. It's cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7GqbDVMNXQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZUqskWgL08
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5t3JaAlek4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIdtUesIdXw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9sDdCnX2to

all i got to work on is these tiny clips, I want the full tracks

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 18, 2018

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Hm hm yep MHA3, now lets see whatever fantasy shows they got this time-

quote:

cyborg boxing
mechs and spaceships
atvs with guns vs aliens
swordmages vs dragons
parallel world diner
!!

quote:

Golden Kamuy
:vince:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
super hype: Devil's Line & Golden Kamuy
Megalo Box looks cool as heck
3D Kanojo because the manga is really cute but large chunks of it had a nearly unreadable translation so I'm looking forward to watching it
Wotakoi is a good romcom with grown-rear end adults so yay!

I may check out some other stuff as well like the guys' cafe thing and that fujobait fantasy show and the baseball show that's not Major. Someday I'll get around to the various sequels from this season but I'll have to catch up on previous seasons first :v:

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010
A number of shows that I'm interested in on that list. I'm a little worried about the adaptation of Golden Kamuy since I really love the comic and think that it would be easy to mess it up. Still checking it out though. am also a sucker for action-y period pieces. Either way, it seems like a sold selection for people to pick and choose from. And, though I finally have a full time job in my field now, I'll probably have more time than I use to to watch stuff since I had to move to an isolated area for it. I suspect weekends will probably be a bit freer than they use to be for non-work/academic related activities.

Unrelated to that, I'm also quite happy about Hozuki Season 2 returning. Not spoken of a lot here, but I've enjoyed it quite a bit and have found it to be relaxing to watch.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njNGDHbX0ss

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Fire Barrel posted:

Unrelated to that, I'm also quite happy about Hozuki Season 2 returning. Not spoken of a lot here, but I've enjoyed it quite a bit and have found it to be relaxing to watch.

yeah I like Hozuki but it ending up on hidive (?) made it a pain for me to keep up with so I haven't followed the 2nd season like I wanted to.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Everything Burrito posted:

yeah I like Hozuki but it ending up on hidive (?) made it a pain for me to keep up with so I haven't followed the 2nd season like I wanted to.

Fair enough. It's definitely annoying to maintain multiple sub services, especially if there are only a few shows on it you care about.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Not much this season that looks interesting to me, but I thought the same of the current season and ended up watching more airing shows than I ever have so maybe I'll be surprised again. Golden Kamuy, Hinamatsuri and Juushinki Pandora are the only new things I'm interested in trying out atm though.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

If you aren't with the one man picket line you're against the one man picket line. Put your dukes up!!

But if I join, it would no longer be a one man picket line.

There's no good option, it seems. I guess the time for words is passed.

It is time... for punching?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i have not read the MP100 manga, and i thought the anime was one of the best i've seen. obviously you're not Wrong if you dislike it but it's not a situation where you need to have read the manga to enjoy it

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Looking forward to MHA 3, Lupin III 5, and FMP 4 (assuming I get around to finishing the first three FMP seasons first).

Shows I don't want to watch myself but am interested in other people's reactions to include Mahou Shoujo Site (Magical Girl Raising Project is already a guilty pleasure series; a knockoff of its already fairly unoriginal concept will probably be outright bad) and Caligula (Not sure if this is a satire of Japanese pop culture's obsession with high school or a straight example of it).

Funniest description award goes to Last Period. Using completely random capitalized English words to add fake distinctiveness to your setting's wizards and monsters never gets old.

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Mar 18, 2018

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Julias posted:

By that logic Steins;Gate 0 and Cutie Honey Universe also deserve sirens, regardless of their quality or popularity this season due soley to their approximation to popular things in the past. If it ends up being good and people hop onto it, it'll get its due.

That's literally everything here except for wholly original projects. Megalobox is the first Joe anime in nearly 40 years and it has a lot of talented people working on it, that's a different kind of hype than a vn spinoff anime and an entry in a franchise that only has one unreservedly good entry. It doesn't matter either way because I believe in Joe and it will earn it's siren

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Promoting your upcomimg favorite anime is something I respect. This thread is a collaborative effort to promote whichever anime the posters believe is a good recommendation. Honor the request Julias.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
If you don’t siren my anime I swear to god I will loving riot

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Woo Amanchu, Lupin and the return of tiny ninjas

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think it's worth noting that Gundam Build Divers isn't just another Gundam spinoff, it's a wholly new universe. And if anyone's interested, they put out a 15 minute long prologue episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zR55C33TLA

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Just like last season, there is an absurd number of shows that I want to watch.

Just like last season, I will successfully watch two of them.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Just like last season, I will successfully watch none of them.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Just like last season, I will successfully watch two of them.

Jokes on you, I'm gonna watch all of the shows I want to see this season.... next season! :negative:

e: Toji no Miko is actually pretty good, speaking of

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Can we delay Spring a few more weeks? I still have too many Winter shows to catch up on.

(Don't actually, I'm really excited for MHA Season 3)

Of the new shows, I think I'm most curious about the one with a bar that connects to another world.

I hope the Persona 5 anime is good.

The Warthog
Mar 25, 2013

Did I just do your job for you?
So I guess restaurant Isekai is a genre now?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Promoting your upcomimg favorite anime is something I respect. This thread is a collaborative effort to promote whichever anime the posters believe is a good recommendation. Honor the request Julias.
in that case siren aikatsu friends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Anyways enough here people have expressed interest in it and Gorf made several good points in his post. I'll give megalobox the siren. Aikatsu too.

• Locked thread