Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Waffleman_ posted:

By the way, I'll probably make a fresh thread for MHA season 3 tonight or tomorrow.
Please remember to put the word MANGA prominently in the thread title, as is tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The hidden gem in that shot is the three in back very slowly sliding right for absolutely no reason.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wow it's been three weeks since the episode. Has there ever been a show that literally disappeared in the middle of its run for that long before?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm now looking forward to getting home and watching an anime episode more than I ever have in my life.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I'm shocked someone went to all the legal effort to animate Hi Score Girl.

oh now that I look SNK already sued and settled over the manga in 2014 so I guess they got that part out of the way

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I got excited and then realized I was thinking of a different beach volleyball manga that was really good.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Colors ended today, it was good. The slow pan over to Yui's dead-eyed stare at Sacchan and her mom was possibly the funniest moment of the season.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The first Girls Und Panzer finale episode is incredibly good, especially the part that isn't tank battles.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Sort of? The idea seemed to be that all the escalator students were French and all the transfers were Japanese.

...Despite the fact that in-universe all the schools are actually Japanese and just act like their countries? Since they made a point of Katyusha not actually knowing Russian and Darjeeling not actually having been to the UK? Maybe all the escalator Freedom students just dye their hair???

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Ranzear posted:

No, Aqua uses magic to make her panties invisible so nobody can see them :colbert:
Is this even a thing in the novels or is it just an animator joke? It's almost like they bet each other how absurdly they could make her skirt behave from one shot to the next.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Horse Girls is very progressive

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I just realized I never watched the original FLCL in Japanese so Haruko's voice sounds completely wrong and it's very distracting.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Apr 2, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The intro to Fist of the Blue Sky looks really neat, shame about everything else. The character lighting really clashes with the background and framerate. If you're going to have game cutscene characters my brain expects them to at least be animated on 1s.

god that neck is like some kind of horrifying optical illusion

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 3, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I guess FotBS is just cursed then

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Ainz-sama cannot be stopped.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
The new LoGH looks pretty, but it seems like it's just remaking it? How long is it supposed to be?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I really love the background art in Megalobox. The rest is good too.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 6, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It annoys me a lot that in the new LoGH they constantly refer to the space navy and fleets as the army and armies. The original didn't do that, did it? How can you get that wrong???

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Hinamatsuri seems like a great adaptation. It's got the comedic timing down and has some of the best animation of the season so far.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Araki posted:

Will Gun Gale make sense if I only watched three or four episodes of the original SAO?
It tells you everything you need to know about the setting in the first few seconds: after SAO was beaten, the core of the VRMMO code was released to the public and now there are a ton of them out there in a bunch of different genres.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Wow that was a lot of gay.

I enjoy the delinquents being just the usual Go Nagai thugs but with long hair and boobs.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I haven't played either game and found Caligula much more confusing.

Knowing Persona 4 probably helped though.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

dudermcbrohan posted:

i can’t remember who was asking why players in ggo don’t just use speed hacks all the time and it’s cause they use a strength/agility system so if you want to use anything over a smg/sword/pistol your speed is weakened.
Yeah IIRC it only works for the protagonist because her avatar is so tiny, and you can't customize your avatar for some reason I can't remember, so few people can get away with a pure agility build. Which is ridiculous for other reasons you're probably thinking of right now but that's just continuing the tradition of none of the games in SAO making any sense to people who actually design or play games.

This is probably all going to be explained in episode 2 when it goes back to the actual beginning of the story.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's a strong start.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I think there's been a couple Chinese co-productions the last few seasons, but by and large they've been so bad nobody talked about them at all.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I had exactly the same reaction because I didn't know Caligula was based on Vita JRPG.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Neeksy posted:

It’s not written by the original series’ author, right? That might explain why it’s good.
It was written by the author of Kino's Journey, which explains why it's good.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

lobster22221 posted:

I wonder what the biggest technical hurdles in making an openworld mmo-FPS would be in the present day? I'd imagine a huge issue would be draw range for sniping, especially if there is no real projectile. Both modern MMO's and shooters use TCP for important data, right? So that wouldn't be an issue? I wish I knew more about networking.
It can be done. Planetside was a true MMOFPS and it was released in 2003. It's just much harder than RPGs because shooter is just about the most latency-intolerant genre that exists, and the more frequently your server updates and clients communicate the more work they do per player, meaning performance will degrade more quickly when more players get close to each other. Combined with the fact that non-MMO shooters were more popular and easier to build and maintain I guess almost nobody saw the risk as worth the reward.

Games generally use UDP. TCP is very unsuited to low-latency applications because it sacrifices latency for reliability, and most games don't need reliability because if the internet loses a packet you can just resync on the next one 1/60th or 1/30th of a second later. The exception to that is strategy games where the game state is too big to be resynced on the fly. Those generally work by having all the clients run in lock-step and only sending "orders" over the network, so each client independently calculates exactly the same game state. I think they still usually use UDP though - they just add a simple and fast reliability protocol over it, because latency still matters and TCP would be overkill.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Apr 15, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If Megalobox's scaling bothers you just start watching all your animes in 480p and it'll look perfectly normal!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

dogsicle posted:

genet is a woman and the alter ego of panther jill, sorry. but her evil plan seems to be getting honey to fall in love with her so :shrug:
That's the only reason I'm going to keep watching tbh

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I didn't know "terrible harem comedy, but with a female protagonist" was a genre that even existed, but Love To-lie-angle is that, and it's unbelievably bad.

And that's the manga! The anime takes that and cuts everything except three minutes of the protagonist stumbling in on girls naked and then getting hit by the tsundere girl. Over and over again.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Arachnid. Same author as Killing Bites.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Nephthys posted:

Violet being some sort of amnesiac demi-god who kills people with a giant axe
Sounds like they removed all the interesting parts of Violet's arc and forgot to replace them with anything else. I mean yeah that sounds pretty silly but almost anything is better than nothing. :v:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 29, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Mahou Shoujo Ore 5 is a combination of an extended Shin Godzilla reference and Shirobako and it's amazing.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 1, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Blhue posted:

thats a box of rocks
they're good rocks brent

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
dim brain: Popuko and Pipimi cosplay
bright brain: Bob Team Epic Popuko and Pipimi cosplay
sun brain: Hellshake Yano cosplay
galaxy brain: French animator cosplay, one with subtitles one without

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
universe brain: the two guys who do the Hellshake Yano sketch cosplay

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Well, I certainly wasn't expecting Cutie Honey Universe to slaughter Honey's entire school.

But then I've never read the original so maybe it's true to form. Does seem like something Nagai would do.

fake edit: huh, so it is

edit: that's how the original ends??? Now I understand why there are so many different remakes.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 13, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That fight was pretty neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
It turns out Beatless finally delivered the twist I was hoping for, though unfortunately it took 19 episodes of mostly so-so execution.

• Locked thread