Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Missed opportunity for a Shirobako sub-plot IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

First episode of Amanchu Advance wasted no time in getting sort of gay. Comic Girls has the most insecure main character I've ever seen and it's kind of hard to like her.

edit: maybe that's being too harsh. Intense personal insecurity is a pretty real artist experience

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I watched the first episode of Hinamatsuri. Although I haven't read it, I know people liked the manga, and the first episode seemed decent.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Knorth posted:

Please take three minutes out of your day to watch this cute little show about people chatting while waiting for trains to pass.
https://files.catbox.moe/9zOsTu.webm
Apparently it's also on Crunchy under the name Crossing Time

A love story in three minutes, v. powerful

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Weren't the Yorimoi cast supposed to be from Gunma? So it can't be all bad.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This week's Amanchu was basically a whole episode of Maximum Pikari and it was excellent.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

which one's the tea shop anime?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Ah, is this the fabled Cute Boys Doing Cute Things anime

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Amanchu Advance ep3 trip report: Katori-sensei is still the best teacher in anime, and I hope Teko overcomes her self-esteem issues.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

an actual dog posted:

I dropped Hinamatsuri, I don't really get what they're trying to do with like, teens being homeless or being conned into bartending. I think it's trying to make you both laugh and feel sympathetic but it mostly just made me angry at how they're treated. When we got to Nitta threatening to throw Hina out on the street I was done.

There was quite a bit of tonal whiplash between the first half of episode three and the second half, I noticed. The second half was funny enough to keep me watching, though.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Ranzear posted:

Thematically closer to Konosuba than Bunny Drop.

Also, I dropped Bunny Drop a long time ago after a few episodes. I just found out how it ends :stare:

So the good news about that is that the anime ends way before the manga gets weird. It's been some time since I watched it, but I found it genuinely excellent, and, having done so, proceeded to never look at a single page of the manga. (Its reputation precedes it.)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Watched the first episode of Hisone to Masotan. I have no idea what to make of it, but there's this weird goofy charm to the whole thing.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

That just comes from an alcohol abuser

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

boredsatellite posted:

Also because someone mentioned it, did the Antarctica show from last season end up good? Ended up dropping after them making the whole"Japan was bullied after WW2" comment.

The Korean community was pretty much livid and disappointed as hell if I recall lol

It was fantastic IMO. That particular line had basically zero bearing on anything else the show was trying to do.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

I love trains, trainstations, train tracks, trainspotting and that Boccioni triptych even though he's a fascist, so I'm gonna watch a single episode of Fumikiri Jikan

wish me luck

It seems like it's trying to do something different every episode, so it might be a little difficult to assess the overall quality

But it's only three minutes an episode so the overall quality is kind of meaningless anyway as far as I'm concerned

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

holy poo poo!

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Agronox posted:

I wanted a new season, but still, gently caress. YES.

I like the pose here too. Miyamori is PISSED and she is here to collect your key frames

Miyamori is posing like a giant robot pilot but instead of operating a giant robot she's operating an anime production.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Crisis on Infinite Campsites

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

Nasucar: Type-Moon Racing

Where did all the kart racing spinoffs go, anyway?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Sharkopath posted:

Racing in general is kind of down.

Well I think we've just found the perfect way to bring it back

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Hinamatsuri was amazing this week

Tags: Homelessness, Amateur Police Work, Accidental Bartending

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Everything I've heard about mobage suggests that they're basically electronic simulations of having a cocaine habit.

The fantasy-RPG redesigns of Hidamari Sketch and New Game characters are pretty cute though.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

To offer a different opinion, I've liked Amanchu Advance so far. I like how it's handled Teko's growth, and how it's portrayed diving as something that's grown familiar to her while still requiring a lot of preparation and concentration.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Amanchu Advance ep. 6 features the seldom seen and extremely powerful Fang Pikari:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Amanchu Advance has made a surprise turn towards magical realism. I'm not opposed to it.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Motto posted:

apparently aria goes into that over the course of its run as well

I guess the author's signatures are surrealism and never going full yuri, and hell, I'm down with about 50% of that

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

once again YKK proves itself to be the best comic about lesbian androids in the chill nature future

the latte bit's funny and i could believe facial hair guy being a homo so my opinions improving, i think glasses guy was just a bad first impression

I mean yes, but YKK is not part of the Spring Season 2018

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Also I didn't think I could like Katori-sensei any more but it turns out she's also a ghost hunter

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

so what rules am i allowed to break if im going through a rough patch because ill be sure to time my exhentai links to sync up with my mental breaks

if someone's posting gets to the point that it makes multiple people legitimately uncomfortable then thats bad, imo

The most uncomfortable thing in ADTRW is still fa-GYO's avatar

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

DisDisDis posted:

this is gonna be another lesbian gnomes situation where I feel obligated to tell everyone watching it individually to go read the manga afterwards

Spring Season 2018: Another Lesbian Gnomes Situation

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

*opens up big time of American Folklore* Pecos Bill, Bowleg Bill, Billy the Kid, Wild Bill, Billy Earthquake, Buffalo Bill, all indispensable parts of the American Story.

You forgot Bill Nye the Science Guy

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Eela6 posted:

Nothing stands out to me In particular about the new season, but I don't follow the manga or LN scenes so all of that material is a mystery to me. Weirdly hoping that it's a quiet season so I have a good excuse to catch up on hits from previous seasons. I still haven't seen Yuru Camp or Rakugo Shinjuu!

You should do that, Yurucamp owns.

I may end up just using this season to watch Hyouka and finish Revolutionary Girl Utena. I'm kind of in a weird spot with that one right now though. Akio creeping on absolutely everyone isn't compelling enough to keep me watching.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Eela6 posted:

How far in are you, btw? I've been livestreaming Utena on and off. Still pretty near the beginning - on episode 6 or so.

I watched 29 episodes, then stopped for months, then watched 30 yesterday.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

that's all of the new game characters though?

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I don't think I liked this episode of Amanchu very much, and I can see why some people might give up on it. But it does have the smuggest cat ever.

Look at this motherfucker.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

:wrong:
it actually has three

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

Beato Believer posted:

Summer 2018: the cicadas won't shut up!

Summer 2018: zwee zwee zweeeeeee

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

esselfortium posted:

Also, the Kase-san OVA is out and it's absolutely WONDERFUL

kyaaa

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I've fallen behind on Amanchu by a couple eps, but Twitter seems to have gotten psychotically angry at it. Alas. Well, it was at least one and a half seasons of good, and I'm very glad that I can just say "well, too bad they screwed up" rather than get that level of invested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

I finished the Kase-san OVA and it was pretty much everything you'd expect and hope for an animated adaptation of Kase-san to be. I give it a rating of Kyaaaaa/10.

• Locked thread