Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Safe Pick: Amanchu Advance, Lupin III
Risky Pick: New Wixoss - last series was awful but gonna t least watch one episode for the first series cast even if it's a real bad idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Looking forward to new Aikatsu and Pripara and hope they may be streamed hahahah no :sigh:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

dogsicle posted:

Araki is gonna direct Vinland Saga :twisted:

This would be horrible but I'd have to watch just to see how horrible and how much Araki ignores the pacifist message in the manga

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Eagerly awaiting Sunrise mining it's well of old shows from the 90's to bring back like...

Sabre Marionette

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

the villain of aistars season 2 is undefeatable and all-powerful because she's discovered negging so its literally exactly like utena

Elza wishes she was as unbeatable as Mizuki is

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Comic Girls and Megalobox were two real good shows for different reasons

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Crunchyroll has both Site and Ore but not Hugatto which is the biggest crime

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Nanoha and Symphogear are probably the most successful late night Magical Girl series besides Madoka and they aren't dark but nobody seems to want to chase those series

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah that's the difference between Nanoha/Symphogear and Site/Raising Project. They have dark moments but they are there for the cast to overcome and grow much like in Sailor Moon or Precure. Site and Raising Project use dark moments to dunk on the cast constantly

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Homura and Sickle posted:

the only series that has really tried to ape madoka/ riff on the dark magical girl poo poo effectively was yuuki yuna which had the novel idea of balancing the trauma with manga time kirara style boring moe garbage which made it really powerful. haven't watched the new series yet tho

Second series doubles down on suffering and Nationalism and really is worse because of it

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gurazeni is intriguing story, I like the fact it's dealing with the low wage earners of Pro Sports and refuses to glamorize them. It being all about money just really hits home. OTOH dear god the 3D baseball animation just stands out like a sore thumb to me

New Wixoss seems better than Lostorage but I'm not sure I like bringing Ruu and Tama back since their story really was wrapped up perfectly in the first series. Also I 100% do not trust anyone not named Mari Okada to write Aki-lucky properly

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Amanchu Advance is more Amanchu and that's good.

Looks like show was done in advance too so it's not suffering from Sato doing Precure or hurting Sato from doing more on Precure :woop:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I liked the first episode of Caligiula more than Persona 5 Animation just because I felt like you didn't need to play the game (which I haven't) to enjoy it whereas Persona 5 really wanted you to play the game to enjoy it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Looking like another season where the best 3D is in kids shows. Thank you Aikatsu Friends bringing back Samurai pictures

Thankfully the rest of Golden Kamuy looked good and the bear was just amusing

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'm assuming Uma Musume won't have the girls play a game of Horse so already not anime of the season cause of that

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The new FMP looked better than I thought it would but I'm not sure I'm ready for an all serious FMP plot in 2018 especially since what I've read of the manga/LN scans didn't really excite me

Also I really wanted Sosuke and Chidori to just run from everyone as a plot point so we could get some Fummofu level humour

Hinamatsuri 2 was great and while I thought nothing could touch the first half the second half final bit when Hina suggested going to the club was just A+

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

SAO's first plot is okay it's just Kirito is so...Kirito it drains the fun out of it. Well, the second arc is also horribly written too

GGO is fun though and I'm actually going to watch all of it which is the biggest surprise

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Server lag/ping would be the big one as the more players you have on the more it would mess with things. It's why shooters tend to have caps for matches that are smaller than open world MMO's

We probably won't see a full scale Action/shooter MMO till most of the internet is on Fibre which won't happen any time soon (in North America)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Blhue posted:

that was some awkward rear end combat animation in p5

It was Turn based combat but animated!
The style could almost carry it but as an anime I was expecting some actual action

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Precure this week sure was great need subs now

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

While nothing has hit Yurucamp or Yorimoi's level yet for me I am watching and liking more shows this season than last. Also the fact Precure, Aikatsu and new Pretty Rhythm shows are all good and I'm watching a lot.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Fujiko Mine is as good of a place to start modern Lupin as part 4 and 5 have some of the edge the series had.

I'm actually a bit more cool on Castle and other Miyazaki Lupin these days as while it's good his Lupin really feels like more of a good guy than a theif

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Meanwhile off in Kids anime we have Hastune Miku, Train Robot Pilot -

https://twitter.com/Eli_bebe_DBZ/status/987460223626547207

If you told me back in 2010 Miku would be in almost every kids show I would of laughed but here we are

https://twitter.com/kasumi1973/status/987474841925177344

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 21, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Sure Violet Evergarden had rough spots but Kyoani was able to take pretty much 99% of the iffy stuff out of the Maid Dragon manga for the anime. And also improved on the story too!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Endorph posted:

but where are the college k-ons

Not even sure the best of Kyoani would be able to save the mess that is college Kon

Well maybe if they ignored everything...hmmmmmmmmm

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This week's Last Period really leaned into the dangers of Gacha and the joke about a 10 pull was super savage.

Wiseman

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Kitaro sure was as dark and scary as I've see a morning show get this week.

Precure was awesome

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The fact it was an episode done to save staff is even more :psyduck:

Also next week looks even better!

Edit: new episode preview Watanabe is back get Hype https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkwJqbradt8

SatoshiMiwa fucked around with this message at 02:40 on May 14, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Welp looks like next week Sunrise gonna have to work to be best mecha show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQi_TkldbYA

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hana is also best at Basket ball

https://twitter.com/noziken/status/997987399786418176

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I suspect this may be the plot of the Shirobako movie

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Toei seems to be all for going to dark places this year with Kitaro, Hugatto Precure and Kamen Rider Build. It's making for some great shows though. Like the Kitaro episode with the Cat Yokai and old lady was super good and super sad

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Lets play a game called guess the director!

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1004461903161298944

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1004462020467548160

It's Yamaken :lol:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The Colonel posted:

no, yutaka yamamoto's been an active piece of poo poo for a few more years than yaginuma

Pretty by the time of the first WUG he was starting to reveal himself as an rear end and he's just been getting worse as the years go by. Lucky Star causing him to be fired by Kyoani is perhaps it's best gift to anime

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

This weeks Lost Periods was one big joke on Androids and I had to groan at the final gag yes

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yamaken doubling down on being poo poo

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2018-06-07/yamakan-angrily-blames-otaku-china-for-new-life-anime-cancellation/.132541

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I'll be honest after the mess that was College I'm not gonna trust any non Kyoani K-on

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

An anime about a mobage dunking on the platform that spends less on mobage is next level

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Agronox posted:

Very subtle, that.

To be fair at first I thought show was just dunking on David Cage much like Hugatto did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah it felt like it's just typical Android going out of control humor till the last bit and than it all made sense

• Locked thread